The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

15 hours ago, thekorean said:

Atlanta has been playing in front of average 50,000 fans or so.

They aren't getting their own specific stadium. Their owner also owns Falcons. It's perfectly fit for either football.

Maybe 15,000 was harsh, but absolutely no way their current attendances stay even close to the current average of 47,000. They're getting big crowds because they're a new franchise and it's something a bit different, but Atlanta doesn't strike me as a passionate sporting hotbed (they barely support the Falcons, let alone a "soccer" team).

The Arthur Blank link means you're probably right regarding their own ground, though. I actually wasn't aware he was involved in the football team.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Maybe 15,000 was harsh, but absolutely no way their current attendances stay even close to the current average of 47,000. They're getting big crowds because they're a new franchise and it's something a bit different, but Atlanta doesn't strike me as a passionate sporting hotbed (they barely support the Falcons, let alone a "soccer" team).

The Arthur Blank link means you're probably right regarding their own ground, though. I actually wasn't aware he was involved in the football team.

Oh no, Atlanta to their credit absolutely support Falcons without any question. Braves or Hawks are a different story. But yea it's not known as a good sports town. Knowing that, their attendance this season has been phenomenal. You are probably right about the new team attraction, and maybe it's not gonna hold up. But Arthur Blank actually cares about this team and I reckon if he invests and keeps this team successful, Atlanta should still have one of the best attendance rate in MLS.

Remember, MLS was on verge of death only 20 years ago or so. So this is amazing.

18 hours ago, Handsome John said:

Not a new stadium as such but Motherwell are replacing the roof of the east stand. Been year's since the 'Keep cigarettes away from the match' sign was there but would imagine it will still look fairly different. 

It would look good if it matched the roofs of the end stands. I just wish 'well would "finish" the main stand.

It would look good if it matched the roofs of the end stands. I just wish 'well would "finish" the main stand.

Our Main Stand/Phil O' Donnell Stand is fine the way it is. The East Stand's roof definitely need replacing though

1 hour ago, Dave1875 said:

Any word if Hearts have plans to play their home games at another venue until the new main stand is complete?

The early rounds of the League cup won't need 4 stands and they're confident of having it operational at a basic* level in time for the first home league game. 

They have set up a contingency plan with the SRU to stage games there if the Tynecastle build falls behind schedule

* Fitting out the conference rooms, hospitality suites, nursery and all that will take a bit longer

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The early rounds of the League cup won't need 4 stands and they're confident of having it operational at a basic* level in time for the first home league game. 

They have set up a contingency plan with the SRU to stage games there if the Tynecastle cash cow isn't full.

* Fitting out the conference rooms, hospitality suites, nursery and all that will take a bit longer

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 22:22, Salvo Montalbano said:

Are there going to be some temporary changing rooms and stuff built somewhere? I'm half hoping for teams getting changed in the team bus and sitting at the sidelines at half time tbh.

Already in place under the Wheatfield Stand