The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

There is a severe lack of imagination when building new stadia about how you shut off areas of the ground for smaller crowds.

When I win the euromillions I'll be building a mirror image to the east stand where the shed is at tannadice then I'll put in something high tech like metal roller shutters that pull down over the top tiers when we need to reduce capacity.

Sadly, you are not alone! I've wondered about this but rather than for Saints, for the likes of Dundee and Edinburgh clubs for semi final venues outside Glasgow. It would be great to have a top tier that could be stylishly shut off so as not to not create the white elephant effect for run of the mill games but then opened up for semis. However the SFA still wouldn't use it. Can't have all that game day money going outwith the Glasgow economy after all.

• 1 month later...

Plans for Beckhams stadium for his new MLS franchise in Miami.

_73790723_73788875.jpg

_73790724_73788873.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26728226

It looks incredibly smart, and no doubt it will be, but I can't imagine the people of Miami creating a red hot soccerball atmosphere every week. It doesn't strike me as a great place to start a franchise football wise, but there will be fuckloads of cash to be made out of the Miami elite.

It looks incredibly smart, and no doubt it will be, but I can't imagine the people of Miami creating a red hot soccerball atmosphere every week. It doesn't strike me as a great place to start a franchise football wise, but there will be fuckloads of cash to be made out of the Miami elite.

There is a very large Hispanic population in Miami so perhaps this will be the target market for the new team?

There is a very large Hispanic population in Miami so perhaps this will be the target market for the new team?

If they don't target then I believe they will fail. They need a marquee signing from South America to entice the crowds in as they are liable to struggle in their first season, unless goldenballs is planning a comeback?

Over the next few years we'll be seeing a lot of Italian clubs doing the same thing; the financial benefits of owning your own stadium make a huge difference and Juventus are already seeing the results of it. Udinese already have plans in place for theirs, with quite a few other teams thinking about it.

Over the next few years we'll be seeing a lot of Italian clubs doing the same thing; the financial benefits of owning your own stadium make a huge difference and Juventus are already seeing the results of it. Udinese already have plans in place for theirs, with quite a few other teams thinking about it.

And here it is:

I love how they're building it down into the ground, bit different and gives you the option of expansion above the surface.

Just a shame Toto won't be playing in it.

Do clubs usually have a "glamour" friendly to open a new stadium? If so I imagine Totti will be involved in that regardless of whether he's retired or not, a Director said he wanted Totti to be the first player on the new pitch, and Totti himself wants that (imagine the fans would too), so its possible they'll set something like that up

Do clubs usually have a "glamour" friendly to open a new stadium? If so I imagine Totti will be involved in that regardless of whether he's retired or not, a Director said he wanted Totti to be the first player on the new pitch, and Totti himself wants that (imagine the fans would too), so its possible they'll set something like that up

I was talking about Antonio Di Natale...