The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

On 19/04/2018 at 13:24, realmadrid said:

Progress at Spurs, however I am not sure if this will be ready for August or after the September international break.

Seats going into the big end at SpursFB_IMG_1523804886672.jpg.21acf3177842964

The roof going on

AoyE5QX.jpg

The facade coming along as well

FB_IMG_1524132693239.jpg.b65b84117a3aef1

Think they'll extend their Wembley stay or just have all their games until it's finished be away games?

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:14, bob_mcshug said:

That's a pretty cool main stand.  I quite like stadiums that are cobbled together with different sized stands etc.  Selhurst Park will look brilliant when finished.

The plans at Palace which have been approved

qVTomoy.jpg1XHtZey.jpg

The view from the existing Arthur Wait stand must be very poor, it looks so shallow

27 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

The plans at Palace which have been approved

qVTomoy.jpg1XHtZey.jpg

The view from the existing Arthur Wait stand must be very poor, it looks so shallow

You need to sit in the bottom half of it rm otherwise it’s not the best. 

Progress at Spurs, however I am not sure if this will be ready for August or after the September international break.
Seats going into the big end at SpursFB_IMG_1523804886672.jpg.21acf317784296497ee18e838c26da1a.jpg
The roof going on
AoyE5QX.jpg
The facade coming along as well
FB_IMG_1524132693239.jpg.b65b84117a3aef1a7892010d77eda469.jpg
Flew over it the other day - looks a long way from being finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Now this might be the most tin pot new stand ever.

The new stand at Chorley FC. I thought that was phase one of a prefabricated stand but supposedly that's the complete structure.

Why make something so small?

DcWIlZ_WsAA-omb.jpg:large

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Now this might be the most tin pot new stand ever.

The new stand at Chorley FC. I thought that was phase one of a prefabricated stand but supposedly that's the complete structure.

Why make something so small?

DcWIlZ_WsAA-omb.jpg:large

Probably to bring the total number of seats in the ground up to the required number for the next division up.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Probably to bring the total number of seats in the ground up to the required number for the next division up.

its not going to be big enough, as the rules state you need 100 seats in a stand for them to count for grading and its only going to have 75 at a maximum.

It turns out if for hospitality guests only, "come sponsor a match and get wet" as I cannot see that being the warmest stand on a wet winter afternoon.

4 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

its not going to be big enough, as the rules state you need 100 seats in a stand for them to count for grading and its only going to have 75 at a maximum.

It turns out if for hospitality guests only, "come sponsor a match and get wet" as I cannot see that being the warmest stand on a wet winter afternoon.

Fair enough, I think I remember them having quite a big old fashioned stand on one side. I take it that gets them the grading and this wee one is for keeping the nobs away from the riff raff.