Alistair Darling

DAFC

Callaghan's inept government surely paved the way.

Nah the motion of no confidence tabled by the SNP led the way. Clearly the SNP were comfortable with a tory government ruling Scotland

seriously, i said i was at it like 3 posts ago

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah the motion of no confidence tabled by the SNP led the way. Clearly the SNP were comfortable with a tory government ruling Scotland

seriously, i said i was at it like 3 posts ago

Should probably blame the unions as well IMO. Had they not been so backwards with Barbara Castle and pushed for Callaghan, Thatcher might never of happened . .

#amirite :P

Should probably blame the unions as well IMO. Had they not been so backwards with Barbara Castle and pushed for Callaghan, Thatcher might never of happened . .

#amirite :P

I agree. In short, the trade union movement, allied with Scottish Nationalists, are to blame for Thatcher.

Is this a serious question?

The election had to be called before October 1979. Do you believe Labour could have turned around the 2 million votes for the Tories in 5 months?

Why should the SNP have given votes to Callaghan when they refused to support devolution after the disgraceful 40% rule in the referendum?

The election had to be called before October 1979. Do you believe Labour could have turned around the 2 million votes for the Tories in 5 months?

Why should the SNP have given votes to Callaghan when they refused to support devolution after the disgraceful 40% rule in the referendum?

I'm pretty sure Lammont was an anti-devolutionist.

I was on the wind up - as Jambo-Rocker understood 3 hours ago! :lol:

I don't wish to labour the point (arf arf) - simply point out that they have had an effect in the last election. I wonder what Scotland would look like if westminster had PR - i daresay the tories would have afew more seats.

And of course, the votes of Scottish MPs were rather important in bringing in Thatcher....

Thatcher was coming in whether the SNP voted to bring down the lying, incompetent Labour government anyway. There was around a year before a GE would have been called anyway and there was not a chance in hell that Labour would have recovered in that time.

I;m just at it. it was SNP MPs who first tabled a motion of no confidence in Callaghan. which led to Thatcher's election.

After betraying the Scottish people over the 79 referendum, they should have been imprisoned, never mind a motion of no confidence.

Ian Paisley should be the new figurehead.

No because, no.

Having auld Dr Paisley shout "NO!!!!!!!" to every question in a studio debate would probably be a step up in the quality of input from the Better Together campaign.

UBfNrkO.png

Archived