Dave King what is he about?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33001278 The don't want to pay Ashley his loan back; apparently it wouldn't be "best use of the company's (Sevco's) resources". Why doesn't Dave King just chuck in the £5 million and pay it off? BTW anyone with a mortgage should try that on their lender 'Not paying you this month; it's not the best use of my resources'.

Item 1

It is not in Rangers best interests to pay the loan back or the best use of the money we don't have , so lets vote to tell MASH ( a major shareholder in SD) no we ain't paying SD back

Item 2

Lets vote on renegotiating our contracts with SD, if you all agree we will go and speak nicely to SD about getting a better deal off them so we can earn enough money (rather than SD getting it )from the mugs sorry fans buying merchandise to pay off the 5 million

Sounds like a sound plan :1eye

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they have no need to renegotiate with SD. give them the £5m back and the contracts are automatically renegotiated. although by the sounds of it they are still heavily in SD's favour

it's the section at the end that really gets me.

"The directors very much want to improve relations with Sports Direct and have made that clear to Sports Direct's senior executives. However, this has to proceed on the basis of mutual understanding, respect and reward"

SD don't have to do anything. Sevco are the ones with the begging bowl here.

Stunning how easy a ride dave king is getting from the fans and media before he took control of the club/company it was all about retaining the clubs assets and getting the badge/crest back. Now it's not in the clubs interest.

You really couldn't make it up.

seems like more shit from king dave the liar.

Is he allowed, by company law, to just pay off debts? I think that's why it's always loans. I know they are de-listed but they are still a plc.

eta Unless of course we are talking about the Club, a private limited company which may be different. I honestly don't know. It's confusing. :blink: Just wish them to curl up and die. Again.

Well it worked with the Donalds and us. I mean there's legalities that mean you've to put it in the books as loans and shares but it is very possible to just chuck money into a company.

• 5 months later...

Archived