Dave King what is he about?

Desperate SFA move. We knew they were corrupt in favour of this new club, masquerading as Rangers FC, but now we have it proven. If King is FPP why won't any NOMAD touch him, SFA? Why won't they risk their reputations to sponsor this character? Your integrity (for what it was worth) is in the gutter tonight.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: King passed the SFA's fit & proper criteria ffs ? :lol:

The coming weeks should be a lot of fun at Mordhor with the orcs expecting countless tens of millions to be pumped in as soon as. :lol:

:lol: King passed the SFA's fit & proper criteria ffs ? :lol:

The coming weeks should be a lot of fun at Mordhor with the orcs expecting countless tens of millions to be pumped in as soon as. :lol:

Awa and dinna talk pish.

Awa and dinna talk pish.

Away over to Ragers Medjia with you and read said pish. :)

That's King in and the bears demand the money to be pumped in just as King had promised. If they get promoted they will expect some sort of title challenge from the word go. :lol: That means King has to up the wage bill to near that of Celtic or they will be very unhappy and might do such stern things as, hold up the pish stained bed sheet demanding better, protest at 18 & 72 minutes demanding better, basically no matter what they do they will still demand better. God knows what the poor cnuts will be like if they are struggling to make the top six if they get promoted. :lol:

Away over to Ragers Medjia with you and read said pish. :)

That's King in and the bears demand the money to be pumped in just as King had promised. If they get promoted they will expect some sort of title challenge from the word go. :lol: That means King has to up the wage bill to near that of Celtic or they will be very unhappy and might do such stern things as, hold up the pish stained bed sheet demanding better, protest at 18 & 72 minutes demanding better, basically no matter what they do they will still demand better. God knows what the poor cnuts will be like if they are struggling to make the top six if they get promoted. :lol:

Cool story bro.....

In other news today Peter Tobin was announced as the new head coach at the SWFA. Peter said he was looking forward to working with his assistant, Ian Huntley. Peter joked, I hope I don't get him mixed up with the new Co-ordinator at the SYFA, Ian Watkins.

This is fantastic! Within a couple of days, Alloa survive in the Championship then Sevco are delivered into the hands of a man with (as far as I can tell) more breaches of the explicit FAPP rules than all directors in the history of Scottish football combined.

The former is the cake itself, the latter is the sweet, sweet icing.

Just when you think the gift has to stop giving soon, they replenish the GASL stores with pallets of false hope.

This is the first time that I reckon the SFA have actually done anything that doesn't deliver an unfair advantage to Ibrox. Really couldn't be happier about them visiting the iniquities of the previous club upon the newbies.

Britney's view

Spiers on Sport: A laughable decision, but now let Dave King crack on
gswee.jpg
Graham Spiers
Tuesday 19 May 2015

Is anyone genuinely surprised that, in their fearful wisdom, the SFA has decreed Dave King to be "fit and proper" to become the chairman of Rangers?

Is anyone genuinely surprised that, in their fearful wisdom, the SFA has decreed Dave King to be "fit and proper" to become the chairman of Rangers?
1432069563-84.jpg

I have to admit, I don't know one such person. It has seemed a stick-on for months that Scottish football's governing body would "pass" King fit, controversial or not.

In one sense it has been an academic exercise. King has taken control of Rangers and, fit or not in the eyes of the SFA, nothing was going to change that. King was going to wield his Rangers power, either inside the boardroom or outside its door.

In this context, it is time to crack on. Let's see what King can now do at Rangers. But not before we can examine just how laughable this SFA decision is about him.

There have been two parts to this King debate. The first has been what you might call the bleedin' obvious part. The second has been the area of intense legal dispute.

King, for many, blatantly failed the SFA's own rules about reputable characters coming in to Scottish football.

By reputable, the SFA meant a red flag over anyone who, say, has a recent court conviction for tax evading, or had been a director of a football club which had undergone insolvency within the last five years.

You can read the SFA's slightly laborious Article 10 if you like. It does not cite these various misdemeanours for fun, or for their appeal. On the contrary, the SFA cites them because it wants to guard against such characters invading the Scottish game.

It won't do here to wade back through Dave King's 41 guilty counts in a South African high court in 2013. Everyone knows about them. On the surface King blatantly fails the SFA's fit and proper process.

But there is a further aspect to this. These days everything - absolutely everything - is up for legal challenge. Every single moral bar can be turned on its head in a court of law. In this context, nothing is cut and dried.

In recent weeks there has been endless legal counsel and trading going on, both on the SFA side and the King side, as this fit and proper decision has been reached.

This is the main reason why the ruling has dragged on so long. It doesn't matter what appeared to be the case on the surface, or how ludicrously some of us viewed King's failure in terms of the SFA's Article 10.

The point is, the SFA had to be absolutely sure their decision was legally watertight. And these days next to no-one knows - not even prime ministers - what a legally watertight position is.

The SFA have been fearful of Dave King. Giving him fit and proper status is the easiest way out. It cuts out further months of potential acrimony and legal jousting, by just giving him his seat on the Rangers board.

The SFA will be damaged, and maybe even tarnished, by this King decision. It will seem laughable and deplorable in equal measure to many Scottish football fans up and down the country.

Supporters outwith the Rangers legions will no longer trust the SFA. They will view the organisation, instead, as supine, weak-willed, fearful and capitulating.

This King issue was a test-case for the SFA's reputation, and I don't think it has come out of it at all well. The governing body will be disparaged over it.

All of that being said, it really is time to crack on. There can be an unhealthy fascination with things Rangers by supporters of other clubs, and this King case for some has been just such an episode.

Rangers FC - "old" or "new", whatever your take - has gravely suffered. Never in anyone's wildest dreams was it imagined that the club would be liquidated. But it was, in 2012.

The pain and anger from that event still linger. The disputes about "Rangers", the club's history and all the rest of it, have been poisonous. To be abject about this, those who had always detested Rangers have surely had their fill.*

Personally, I am all for Rangers FC moving on, being strengthened, being made healthy, and competing at the highest level in Scottish football. I believe it will enhance the game that we love in this country.

King is the latest to try to make that happen. He is here, at Ibrox, and no SFA fit and proper farce is going to change that.

Whatever your view of this King decision - and I find it ridiculous - it is time now to let him get to work, and let him be judged by what he can or cannot do for Rangers.

* No. Because they continue to act as c***ishly as ever

To be abject about this, those who had always detested Rangers have surely had their fill.*

Whatever your view of this King decision - and I find it ridiculous - it is time now to let him get to work, and let him be judged by what he can or cannot do for Rangers.

* No. Because they continue to act as c***ishly as ever

Brilliant stuff from Ken again. The part of Britney's article I quoted on The Big Thread was, "There can be an unhealthy fascination with things Rangers by supporters of other clubs". Glad to see Ken backing up what Spiersy said.

Brilliant stuff from Ken again. The part of Britney's article I quoted on The Big Thread was, "There can be an unhealthy fascination with things Rangers by supporters of other clubs". Glad to see Ken backing up what Spiersy said.

you say 'unhealthy fascination' I say 'keen sense of enjoying your come-uppance after years of cheating'

you say 'unhealthy fascination' I say 'keen sense of enjoying your come-uppance after years of cheating'

Your problem is, chap, that you are one of the many diddies who post more about Rangers than you do about your own club. This is where, 'unhealthy fascination' kicks in.

Your problem is, chap, that you are one of the many diddies who post more about Rangers than you do about your own club. This is where, 'unhealthy fascination' kicks in.

I think it,s correct that we discuss how rangers cheating has been glossed over and how they have corrupted Scottish football. From my point of view I spent plenty of money watching my team in a rigged league. More shameful is my club keeping quiet about it.

Archived