Most annoying characters/creatures

DA Baracus

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moira Brown in Fallout 3. Sends you out on suicide missions for her shite book and for shite rewards then has the cheek to still be alive and rotten after you nuke her toon. And she's fine with it. Arsehole.

Big Smoke in GTA: San Andreas. Fat, back stabbing, p***k.

The dog in Duck Hunt. If this game came out now Facebook would be awash with "funny" videos of folk smashing telly's in a rage.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember a lot of hate for the robot frogs in Daikatana. Must have been bad, considering the level of hate for that game in general.

Just replayed Bioshock 2, and I'd forgotten how annoying the helicopter drones are. The environments clearly weren't designed for you to have them following you, so they're constantly blocking your way in narrow corridors (which is just swell when you're getting your ass kicked) and sweeping between you and the machines you're about to hack, resulting in you turning the drones off by mistake. Don't remember that being a massive problem in the original game.

• 1 month later...

The Lurker Sharks in Jak and Daxter. I absolutely shat myself when I first played this game as a kid and the shark appeared out of nowhere to eat me after I tried to swim to Misty Island.

Anyone's whose played Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle on PS2 will surely share my hatred for the treasure chest mimics in those games.Truly annoying little b*****ds.

Anyone's whose played Dark Cloud PS2 will surely share my hatred for the treasure chest mimics in those games.Truly annoying little b*****ds.

Yes This!

Tried to buy this the other day but i can only find it for like 60 quid off ebay/amazon.

The Lurker Sharks in Jak and Daxter. I absolutely shat myself when I first played this game as a kid and the shark appeared out of nowhere to eat me after I tried to swim to Misty island.

The first Jak and Daxter game was class! Full of annoying b*****ds though! Played the first two games and didn't bother after that. They had a few more I think.

Yes This!

Tried to buy this the other day but i can only find it for like 60 quid off ebay/amazon.

Ooft, 60 quid is a bit steep. That's about £20 dearer than it was when it was brand new. I've still got my original copy, it was the first PS2 game I actually bought as a kid after having played the demo of it that came with my PS2 to death. I always keep an eye out for it appearing on the PS store because I'd be happy enough to have it downloaded onto my PS3 as my old slimline PS2 went kaput a few months back.

The first Jak and Daxter game was class! Full of annoying b*****ds though! Played the first two games and didn't bother after that. They had a few more I think.

Naughty Dog did a trilogy for J&D and a racing game on ps2 before handing the series over to another developer who made a fairly uninspiring psp game for them and I think there's been nothing of note since apart from some cameo appearances in other Sony games. The original Jak and Daxter is a fantastic game and as much as I love Jak 2 and 3, they're too focused on jumping on the mission based open world style bandwaggon that GTA had made hugely popular and don't have the same kind of fun, imagination and sense of adventure as the first game.

• 3 months later...

Started playing Oblivion for the first time recently.

Those fucking clannfear are dreadful. They're far too powerful in terms of the damage they can do and always make you stumble with their attacks, meaning they can do more even more damage whilst your guy helplessly flails about.

Archived