Twin Peaks

yoda

I'm so buzzing but also dreading the fact that it's over. We're in for a classic.

I'm still holding out for a Harry Truman appearance, despite what has been said about Michael Ontkean previously. Cooper returns to Twin Peaks resulting in Harry's incredible improvement in health.

I recollect that when the series was first announced it was said that it would have a proper ending.  Knowing David Lynch and Mark Frost though, it could well end on some huge cliffhanger like last time but seemingly that, and many other unfinished storylines from season 2 (Is Ben Horne Audrey's father?  What happened to Leo?  Did Audrey survive the blast? etc.) were written to try and commission a new series (which was going involve Major Briggs becoming the main character and attempting to rescue Cooper from the Black Lodge and Bob trying to get home to a planet made of a sweetcorn!*).  Perhaps if they want The Return to be the real end then we'll have a proper ending tonight.

* This is not a joke.  It was really considered!

Edited by Highland Capital

After the scream and the screen going black, I thought  to myself, 'STARRING KYLE MACLACHLAN' better not come up or I'll be raging!'.  Then it looked like something was about to happen.....and then 'STARRING KYLE MACLACHLAN' came up!   Argh!!!

rxvjpxjlkxjz.jpg

Spoiler

Episode 17 was terrific but mind-bending.

Episode 18 was baffling but culminated in, whether I understood the true meaning behind it or not, the most horrifying ending I've seen on film and television. "What year is it?" followed by that chilling scream.

Plenty to mull over until I inevitably rewatch it.

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Did you hear Sarah call out her name just before the scream it was very faint 

Didn't hear it but saw a few comments on social media saying the same. I'll watch it again with headphones on.

Lots to chew over and I've already seen various theories but it certainly leaves enough unanswered questions to justify at the very least another film.

It's a few days now and it's still rattling round in my head that scream is haunting.

I'm glad it came back and it's been a brilliant piece of television that's drawn me in and kept me coming back for 4 months. 

Plus we all knew it wouldn't be totally resolved and there would be a lot left to dwell over.

For what its worth I think it's now done Lynch got to make it his way and went all out.