The Alloa Athletic Thread

I'd take that with a pinch of salt at the moment- you would certainly expect Brechin to try and extend the arrangement, with him doing well there in his short spell. He's had a look at Isaac, so unless the manager either has a couple of striking options in the process of being tied up shortly, or he feels the guys got no chance of a game I cant see it.

Isaacs contract is up in summer, if he were to extend at Brechin I doubt he would be back at Alloa anyway- so dont see this as an indication of any planning for next season. Similarly Jack Ross is only contracted to summer- we'll be having a go at staying in this league, whether successful or not.

Edit- referring to Waspys post about Isaac a few back

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

I doubt he would leave city and there are quite a few in the lowland league that could step up if given the chance he is certainly 1 of them ,

He wouldn't leave Edinburgh City to play in the Scottish Championship at the likes of Easter Road and Ibrox? I'd be incredibly surprised if any player at that level would reject such a move unless they were getting on a bit.

He wouldn't leave Edinburgh City to play in the Scottish Championship at the likes of Easter Road and Ibrox? I'd be incredibly surprised if any player at that level would reject such a move unless they were getting on a bit.

I thought that was an odd statement too.

Disappointed to see Alloa changing the width dimension of the pitch.

Firstly it highlights the inadequacy of the rules governing Scottish football and secondly it creates a kick and rush style of football that is horrendous to watch for the paying public.

Dont think it will make any differenceto the final league placing for Alloa at end of day but once again the football supporter is made to suffer through a desperate move by the home club aided and abetted by a rule book that you can invariably drive a bus through.

Sad to see the poor quality makeover of the original lines - thought Jack Ross might have had a better masterplan than this. I have always admired Alloa for punching above their weight and competing strongly over the years on a part time budget but this decision is not good for football IMHO.

I'm not much of a drinker, but alcohol would go a long way towards making this season a bit more bearable.

Oh, and stepladders for angry visiting masturbation enthusiasts. Thanks.

Wallowing in misery slightly I thought that I'd have a look to see if any team in the major(ish) UK leagues had scored any less (league) goals than us. Predictably none had, with only Threave Rovers failing to have scored at least 50% more goals than us. Although we probably are having a more enjoyable season than Rothes who have conceded 126 goals and only managed 1 point so far.

That we have scored so few goals is one of the reasons I really don't mind Jack Ross' decision to tighten the pitch and try to shitfest things. The games really can't get much less entertaining than they have been so far.

Oh well, here's hoping that Jack Ross can get us scoring a few goals at the very least.

Scotland

Premiership Kilmarnock 18

Championship Alloa 8

League One Stranraer 18

League Two Berwick Rangers 23

Highland League Rothes 12

Lowland League Threave Rovers 11

England

Premier Aston Villa 16

Championship Bolton 19

League One Blackpool 21

League Two Hartlepool 20

National League Welling 22

National League North Telford 16

National League South Basingstoke 20

Others

Welsh Premier Haverford West County 15

Irish Premiership Warrenpoint Town 16

Edited by Dink

Wallowing in misery slightly I thought that I'd have a look to see if any team in the major(ish) UK leagues had scored any less (league) goals than us. Predictably none had, with only Threave Rovers failing to have scored at least 50% more goals than us. Although we probably are having a more enjoyable season than Rothes who have conceded 126 goals and only managed 1 point so far.

That we have scored so few goals is one of the reasons I really don't mind Jack Ross' decision to tighten the pitch and try to shitfest things. The games really can't get much less entertaining than they have been so far.

Oh well, here's hoping that Jack Ross can get us scoring a few goals at the very least.

Scotland

Premiership Kilmarnock 18

Championship Alloa 8

League One Stranraer 18

League Two Berwick Rangers 23

Highland League Rothes 12

Lowland League Threave Rovers 11

England

Premier Aston Villa 16

Championship Bolton 19

League One Blackpool 21

League Two Hartlepool 20

National League Welling 22

National League North Telford 16

National League South Basingstoke 20

Others

Welsh Premier Haverford West County 15

Irish Premiership Warrenpoint Town 16

Introduction of a per capita factor would improve things if you wanted to leave your wallow.