The Alloa Athletic Thread

Who we're likely to keep (ie them accepting a deal to stay on in the division below) I'd say is:

Aside from Gallacher, that would make for a grim base squad to build from! :lol:

Should probably add that my list didn't include players that I thought JR would probably punt, or that I wouldn't be fussed if he did, like McAusland and Williams. Do you really think we'll get to keep Gallacher?

This thread should have a black border round it. I like Alloa and the Alloa posters.

Haste ye back, Waspies.

You'll be away anyway, even if we bounce back immediately.

Unless you're planning on coming back down? ;)

Too early for this IMO, we aren't down (yet) and these players have still got a job to do for us between now and May. Re-visit mid to late April!

Ever the optimist, Waspie :D

I'd be more cautious if I thought there was a chance any of the players would ever read any of this, or would care what some fat hairy p***k thought about their prospects. I'll be cheering them on in the same manner regardless.

I think we should do this at The Recs. It might distract us for a while and it'll certainly beat any of the shite wasps1 plays.

https://www.facebook.com/awaydayfootball/videos/1041595025886663/

We could get a glass bottle xylophone set up in tribute to the glassworks!

Don't see the authorities having any problem with that :whistle

Ever the optimist, Waspie :D

I'd be more cautious if I thought there was a chance any of the players would ever read any of this, or would care what some fat hairy p***k thought about their prospects. I'll be cheering them on in the same manner regardless.

I wasn't too optimistic leaving the Recs on Saturday :( . But whilst it certainly leaves us in a very precarious situation, the Livingston game was just the first in a series of more winnable games. If we win tomorrow night our position moves from hopeless back to unlikely ;) . Regardless of relegation, I'd like us to get as many points as possible between now and the end of the season anyway.

I wasn't too optimistic leaving the Recs on Saturday :( . But whilst it certainly leaves us in a very precarious situation, the Livingston game was just the first in a series of more winnable games. If we win tomorrow night our position moves from hopeless back to unlikely ;) . Regardless of relegation, I'd like us to get as many points as possible between now and the end of the season anyway.

Spot on. We dont really have anyone to blame but ourselves now, and its a real long shot- but things can change quickly.

With the league virtually sewn up, and a couple of the play-off places pretty much cemented- it could lead to a lot of teams either preparing for play-offs or stuck in mid-tabledom. There may be a lot of games in the final quarter throwing up surprise results.

Looking back on the last three games and I expected to get pumped from both Rangers and Hibs and beat Livingston and get at least a draw against Dumbarton. So a win tomorrow would still give us the realistic target of four points from the four games. Although losing to Livingston in the manner which we did makes it hard for ourselves. Oh well at least it's a half full glass from me today.

This morning we hosted Ayr Utd at Alloa Academy and lost 3-0. Some inspired goalkeeping and astute defusing kept us in it at times and we had one or two good chances to go ahead ourselves. Ayr broke the deadlock after 70 minutes with a shot from 18 yards out and soon saw themselves score another two in a short but hectic period in defence.

A learning experience for the young squad today against a much older and experienced Ayr Utd side who had a ex pro in their ranks who has play in Champions League qualifiers for Bangor in Wales.

We regroup and focus our attention on the next league match on the 19th against Queens Park.

MOTM: Liam Black

Needing a clear out in the Summer IMO. ;)

Don't worry, I've sent Wasps1 on a scouting mission to deepest Africa to source out any Alloa fans who may be living there. Although vicious rumours are circulating that he is hanging about the deodorant isle in Tesco shouting at anyone who buys Lynx Africa...

On a separate note if this legends game goes ahead and Terry Christie can't manage the legends team then I'm going to try and approach Allan Maitland to manage them. That should be a fun afternoon regardless of who's in the legends dugout :)

Don't worry, I've sent Wasps1 on a scouting mission to deepest Africa to source out any Alloa fans who may be living there. Although vicious rumours are circulating that he is hanging about the deodorant isle in Tesco shouting at anyone who buys Lynx Africa...

On a separate note if this legends game goes ahead and Terry Christie can't manage the legends team then I'm going to try and approach Allan Maitland to manage them. That should be a fun afternoon regardless of who's in the legends dugout :)

:D

I'm in the process of organising a legends game as a fundraiser for the supporters team. It'll be hosted at Beechwood on the 22nd of May as The Recs is getting ripped up.

Legends involved so far are:

Davie Beaton

Bomber

Scott Walker

Robert Sloan

Robbie Winters

Darren Young

Jose Quitongo

Between here, The Duffle and our Twitter account I'll keep everyone updated. Would be good to get a good turn out as we will need the funds for next season when we enter the British Cup and to get us stuff for the new season.

Martyn, I've got numbers for quite a few ex players through programme features, let me know if you want any.

Boring stat attack coming up on the worst second tier performances since the introduction of the four division set up in 1994/95.

1st place goes to the shite Clydebank side of 1999/00. 1 win and 7 draws, 17 goals for and 82 against. A grand total of 10 points.

Next up is the abysmal Dumbarton side of 1995/96. 3 wins and 2 draws, 23 goals for and 94 conceded. Finished with 11 points.

A year later came the pish poor East Fife of 1996/97. 2 wins and 8 draws, 28 goals scored and 92 against for a final tally of 14 points.

The awful Arbroath of 2002/03 managed 3 wins and 6 draws, scoring 27 goals and conceding 77. Finished on 15 points. Alloa were 20 points above them but relegated on goal difference as Ross County scraped to survival.

Rank Raith of 2004/05 managed 3 wins and 7 draws to finish on 16 points. Scored 26 and conceded 67.

Stranraer have two entries in the hall of shame. Their hopeless 1994/95 team had 4 wins and 5 draws, 25 goals scored and 81 conceded on a final points tally of 17. The gash Stranraer class of 1998/99 equalled this record with 17 points collected from 5 wins and 2 draws. 29 goals were scored and 74 conceded.

The brutal Brechin of 2005/06 had 2 wins and 11 draws for 17 points. 28 goals for and 74 against.

So there were at least two sides worse than the Wasps of 2015/16, and with 8 games to play we could still climb a few places. We also need 3 goals to pass Clydebank's low of 17.

Cmon the Wasps ;)

Edited by Waspie

Martyn, I've got numbers for quite a few ex players through programme features, let me know if you want any.

Boring stat attack coming up on the worst second tier performances since the introduction of the four division set up in 1994/95.

1st place goes to the shite Clydebank side of 1999/00. 1 win and 7 draws, 17 goals for and 82 against. A grand total of 10 points.

Next up is the abysmal Dumbarton side of 1995/96. 3 wins and 2 draws, 23 goals for and 94 conceded. Finished with 11 points.

A year later came the pish poor East Fife of 1996/97. 2 wins and 8 draws, 28 goals scored and 92 against for a final tally of 14 points.

The awful Arbroath of 2002/03 managed 3 wins and 6 draws, scoring 27 goals and conceding 77. Finished on 15 points. Alloa were 20 points above them but relegated on goal difference as Ross County scraped to survival.

Rank Raith of 2004/05 managed 3 wins and 7 draws to finish on 16 points. Scored 26 and conceded 67.

Stranraer have two entries in the hall of shame. Their hopeless 1994/95 team had 4 wins and 5 draws, 25 goals scored and 81 conceded on a final points tally of 17. The gash Stranraer class of 1998/99 equalled this record with 17 points collected from 5 wins and 2 draws. 29 goals were scored and 74 conceded.

The brutal Brechin of 2005/06 had 2 wins and 11 draws for 17 points. 28 goals for and 74 against.

So there were at least two sides worse than the Wasps of 2015/16, and with 8 games to play we could still climb a few places. We also need 3 goals to pass Clydebank's low of 17.

Cmon the Wasps ;)

That's fair cheered me up, Waspie. :lol::unsure: