The Alloa Athletic Thread

Bugger, bit slow but very good at making goal line clearances and defending inside the box. Will allow Goodwin to get back in midfield too where he is at his best, was happy seeing Goodwin playing in defence against us.

Not sure about him being slow, better than what we have, andy graham is pretty slow, yeah very very true i have said this all along but i get shot down, goodwin is not a centre half imo, can play there on occasion but not against the league favourites.

None of us wanted to see him turn out for another team in our division rivals either but thats football.

3 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

yeah very very true i have said this all along but i get shot down, goodwin is not a centre half imo, can play there on occasion but not against the league favourites.

Only because I'm still not seeing it. He's been drafted into defence at stages of the games against Albion Rovers, Livingston and Inverness, plus played a full game against East Fife. Goals conceded by the team when he's been deployed in that position- 0. Preferably would like him to play a role when he can have more influence, absolutely. But perfectly happy to have him in there whenever it's required. Holmes is more than capable of doing the same job when required, in a slightly different way but to no detriment of the team overall.

Obviously very happy to have Ben Gordon in. A club legend and barely put a foot wrong in Alloa colours.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Only because I'm still not seeing it. He's been drafted into defence at stages of the games against Albion Rovers, Livingston and Inverness, plus played a full game against East Fife. Goals conceded by the team when he's been deployed in that position- 0. Preferably would like him to play a role when he can have more influence, absolutely. But perfectly happy to have him in there whenever it's required. Holmes is more than capable of doing the same job when required, in a slightly different way but to no detriment of the team overall.

Obviously very happy to have Ben Gordon in. A club legend and barely put a foot wrong in Alloa colours.

Naa i didnt mean that about you, a few people have said the same thing. I agree to a certain extent, last week it didnt suit him to be a centre back last week i didnt feel imo.

Dont get where people are saying that ben is slow either, dont understand that one at all, looking forward to seeing him tomorrow.

Yeah i hope they release him so we can sign him.

5 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Naa i didnt mean that about you, a few people have said the same thing. I agree to a certain extent, last week it didnt suit him to be a centre back last week i didnt feel imo.

Dont get where people are saying that ben is slow either, dont understand that one at all, looking forward to seeing him tomorrow.

Yeah i hope they release him so we can sign him.

Franz Beckenbauer wasn't very quick either.

He was slow with us last season, got caught out quite a few times and just fouled a player (or attempted to foul him), got a red card against Morton when Pepper left him for dead and he tripped him. Maybe he just suddenly lost a yard of pace but it was quite noticeable to us Livi fans he was vulnerable to anyone with a bit of pace. Still a very good signing at this level though and would've been pretty happy to have still had him at Livi.

He was slow with us last season, got caught out quite a few times and just fouled a player (or attempted to foul him), got a red card against Morton when Pepper left him for dead and he tripped him. Maybe he just suddenly lost a yard of pace but it was quite noticeable to us Livi fans he was vulnerable to anyone with a bit of pace. Still a very good signing at this level though and would've been pretty happy to have still had him at Livi.

Ben was never the quickest, but I'd take him over just about any, if not all, quicker centre halves in the division. And also the Championship.

The guy is a winner and a true leader.

Welcome home, Ben. :D