The Alloa Athletic Thread

9 hours ago, holsten said:

The development league either east,west or elite is all subjective as the teams chop and change each week as some teams play there full allocation of over age players and  a keeper ,5 first team boys and keeper against 17 or 18 year old boys their is  only going to be one winner  

Alloa do have a very young development team and I have seen a lot of them this season and watched them beat Dundee 3-1 who are mostly full time

As I said if they are up against an older team they will struggle when I have seen them

Only me opinion but the most consistent out of the fringe players is Lewis Wilson in the development  squad and he  nevers gets a start for Alloa ,far better than Hynd,Hogie,Martin.

Hoggan still the best prospect for me. Always going to be very tough for Wilson to shift Callum Waters anyway who is probably one of our top 3 players at the club.

I agree about Isaac and Longworth, don't think either should be anywhere near the first team. I've seen Hynd in a few development games and from what I've seen he's not got it. The boy ld on loan from Celtic looked like he had good ability more than majority of first 11 but 10 mins here and there is no use to anyone so don't know how he would have turned out. We defo need to get a decent striker in at new year. 

Hiya Luke.

On 22 November 2016 at 06:51, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Hoggan still the best prospect for me. Always going to be very tough for Wilson to shift Callum Waters anyway who is probably one of our top 3 players at the club.

I agree, Calum watters is a very good player along with Scott Taggart and ability wise kirky is very good on his game. I think we need 1 quick defender and a creative player and striker and we could win the league

Calum Waters will not be at the club after the transfer window, id expect Jack Ross to come and take a few players to St Mirren and he will be one of them.  Id expect Parry, Watters, Taggart, Kirkpatrick, to be 4 who go over to the dark side.

Then our young lads can step up and prove themselves 

10 hours ago, Dickturpin1 said:

Calum Waters will not be at the club after the transfer window, id expect Jack Ross to come and take a few players to St Mirren and he will be one of them.  Id expect Parry, Watters, Taggart, Kirkpatrick, to be 4 who go over to the dark side.

The young lads I don't think could prove themselves, I've seen the 20s on a few occasions and don't see anyone who could compete in league 1. Just my opinion tho

You talk some pish [emoji23]

Listen pencil dick.

you got anything better to say?

you will be on here saying goodwins the man and we will make the playoffs and all that shite tae ?

michael chopra shagged yer maw

Waters could play at a higher level yes but I don't see St Mirren splashing out on a left back in January he's hardly going to save their season and they'll get him for free 6 months later.
Parry could play higher level but won't.. the rest are just good league 1 players who no one else in the Championship will be interested in.

Jury's still out on Goodwin for me but I'm willing to bet we will be in the play offs.

The last bit just sums up for me you're no older than 14.. if you are it's pretty worrying!

More chance of pencils signing for St Mirren than Parry. Doesn't want to go full time, would command a fee and they already have Scott Gallagher and Jamie Langfield, two keepers who are a bit better.

No way are St Mirren spending money on Taggart and Kirkpatrick, two who would present gambles at best.

Waters may go but I suspect he won't til summer.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

More chance of pencils signing for St Mirren than Parry. Doesn't want to go full time, would command a fee and they already have Scott Gallagher and Jamie Langfield, two keepers who are a bit better.

No way are St Mirren spending money on Taggart and Kirkpatrick, two who would present gambles at best.

Waters may go but I suspect he won't til summer.

Pencils has more chance of finding a bird than playing for anyone to be fair.

Not sure why an Alloa fan would dismiss the likes of Taggart and Kirkpatrick why would they prove to be gambles, we aint talking about St Mirren from the SPL, we are talking about that mob who are coming into our league. 

Big Jack Ross gets what he wants, when he want !

Not sure why an Alloa fan would dismiss the likes of Taggart and Kirkpatrick why would they prove to be gambles, we aint talking about St Mirren from the SPL, we are talking about that mob who are coming into our league. 

It's like wasps1 with his predictive turned on...

Does wasps1 have a son?

1 hour ago, Dickturpin1 said:

Not dismissing them at all as players, just stating the blatantly obvious. St Mirren very unlikely to fork out compensation when money is scarce which will amount to four figures each for players unproven at full time Championship level.

Great banter by the way.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)