The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, printer said:

I agree with this. Andy must feel that he can help Luke overcome his fitness issues. If he manages that (a la Jack Ross with Flanny) then we've got a top player. If not, well frustrating times again.

Perhaps LD's deal is structured to incentivise him to be properly fit to play.

How does one structure this deal? Minimum wage unless he's fit? How many clubs do you think could beat that offer?

How stringent a criteria is properly fit to play? Available for selection? Refusing to do hard work while on the park might ensure that individually but at the cost of the points tally for the team. That's the wrong incentive even if you could make that fanciful deal. 

Heard on highlights that Devine was missing with a bad injury, any idea how long he'll be out for? Feel for him, he's had zero luck with injuries.

Really good finish from Rankin, he definitely deserves a chance to be first choice striker. Kev with a nice finish too.

If LD didn't have fitness issues, I doubt he'd be down playing part time football. Like Devine he just seems to have no luck with injuries.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

How does one structure this deal? Minimum wage unless he's fit? How many clubs do you think could beat that offer?

How stringent a criteria is properly fit to play? Available for selection? Refusing to do hard work while on the park might ensure that individually but at the cost of the points tally for the team. That's the wrong incentive even if you could make that fanciful deal. 

Decent points, m8, but I believe a structure could be found to suit the circumstances; it's not up to me to come up with that structure.

If it was, I'd initially be looking to link appearances to a bonus element in the player's overall wage. 

18 hours ago, printer said:

Decent points, m8, but I believe a structure could be found to suit the circumstances; it's not up to me to come up with that structure.

If it was, I'd initially be looking to link appearances to a bonus element in the player's overall wage. 

No player is signing a deal that they only make money if they play, maybe in extreme circumstances but I think fans think it's more common than it is. Donnelly would be off to Clyde or East Kilbride or some other mob with more money than sense. 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

No player is signing a deal that they only make money if they play, maybe in extreme circumstances but I think fans think it's more common than it is. Donnelly would be off to Clyde or East Kilbride or some other mob with more money than sense. 

I didn't say he'd only make money if he played. 

1 hour ago, printer said:

You're suggesting he makes less if he doesn't play. The point stands that Donnelly probably wouldn't be an Alloa player if that's the sort of deal that was being offered. 

1 hour ago, printer said:

You're suggesting he makes less if he doesn't play. The point stands that Donnelly probably wouldn't be an Alloa player if that's the sort of deal that was being offered. 

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps. It would depend on the exact nature of the deal among other things.

luke wanted to stay at alloa i know that much , we spoke to him at the players night and he was worried he might not be offered a contract

Andy obviously thinks he is worth  the gamble , I would think his contract is quite straight forward rather than a results based deal . who knows .   

As for the Coulson /Hamilton link he was a trialist for them but seems to have dissapeared from thier line up, unsigned possibly .

By the sounds of it, we offered Coulson a contract. Wonder if it's still on the table for him and he could come and accept it if he doesn't get a full time offer.

Don't really mind him not signing straight away if he was hopeful of getting a full time gig elsewhere 

1 hour ago, Rory said:

By the sounds of it, we offered Coulson a contract. Wonder if it's still on the table for him and he could come and accept it if he doesn't get a full time offer.

Don't really mind him not signing straight away if he was hopeful of getting a full time gig elsewhere 

looks to me that shay nevans was signed as a replacement for Coulson  so maybe no way back for him .

Excellent result tonight and lots to like about the performance. Hetherington in midfield brought us control and shape and Scougall was much more effective further up. Buchanan and Kev worked hard wide and while Rankin had a tough gig he never gave up. When the chances came he put them away in some style, fantastic. 

The defence generally did well but switched off for both goals. Need to address that. The key also will be getting more men for those attacking roles, one or two really good wide options, and another attacker to add to Rankin and Sammo. But the foundation is there for another good team. Well done to Andy and the team 🐝

Luke Rankin take a bow son , what an instinctive striker he is , good performance from the team too with a lot of redemption 

for Morgyn Neill , two goal conceded were dissapointing but we were up against a premier side after all.

Think Steven forgot who he was playing for, great bit of defending in our box from him.

Two good finishes from Rankin as well but we could have defended better for both goals.

The image of the st Johnstone defender grabbing a piggy back off Josh Rae while our striker runs after the ball to score is a sensational bit of banter.

Can anyone give me the name of the funny chase music so I can poke some fun?

Edited by LeodhasXD

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The image of the st Johnstone defender grabbing a piggy back off Josh Rae while our striker runs after the ball to score is a sensational bit of banter.

Can anyone give me the name of the funny chase music so I can poke some fun?

Worth the time I spent on it

26 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Worth the time I spent on it

This will end well if we get beat on Saturday. The highlights are fantastic and a lot of the social media content is good but this just strikes me as being disrespectful and a bit too far. The odd picture wind up and sarcastic responses are fine but 2 minutes of random bad touches and errors is a bit bizarre to me (might be in the minority for that).

Just now, AlloaAdam said:

This will end well if we get beat on Saturday. The highlights are fantastic and a lot of the social media content is good but this just strikes me as being disrespectful and a bit too far. The odd picture wind up and sarcastic responses are fine but 2 minutes of random bad touches and errors is a bit bizarre to me (might be in the minority for that).

Allergic to a wee bit of fun. Nothing takes back the result - it's history. Saturday is a new game that's completely in our hands?