The Alloa Athletic Thread

Any other Alloa supporters travel to games from the north? I try to get to as many games as possible but work often prevents this. Next game i`ll make is Hibs visit on the 30th. Hate missing games but this one will hopefully make up for the expeirience on Sat. Glad of win, but cant really say i enjoyed the game.

I travel from the Highlands although I am not getting to as many games as I used to. Can be expensive but booking train/bus tickets well in advance helps as does breaking train journeys. Not sure where you are based but you can do Inverness to Alloa for £20 cheaper by booking Inverness - Perth, Perth - Stirling and Stirling - Alloa tickets rather than booking all the way through and you're getting the same trains either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Alloa have signed Kyle Benedictus on loan until the end of the season. Good signing for you. Alloa seem to be strong at CH though. He's definitely a good addition at this level. Prone to the odd collapse of concentration.

We have signed Callum Gallagher on loan, you lads had him a couple of years ago. Tell me how pish he is?

From rangers??

Spent most of his time on the bench, was about 4 choice behind Elliot, Cawley, Grehan and Ferns.

We have signed Callum Gallagher on loan, you lads had him a couple of years ago. Tell me how pish he is?

I remember him as quite a pacy and tricky winger although he was usually lacking with an end product, i.e. looking up first to pick out a player and just aimlessly firing it across the face of goal.

A bit of a hit or miss signing really. Although better than some of your other signings by the looks of things.

I remember him as quite a pacy and tricky winger although he was usually lacking with an end product, i.e. looking up first to pick out a player and just aimlessly firing it across the face of goal.

A bit of a hit or miss signing really. Although better than some of your other signings by the looks of things.

I think that's a fair summary. Very quick. He might do OK for Cowden.

Alloa have signed Kyle Benedictus on loan until the end of the season. Good signing for you. Alloa seem to be strong at CH though. He's definitely a good addition at this level. Prone to the odd collapse of concentration.

Can he play else where? As you say we are strong at centre half and I don't think he will be first choice if everyone is fit.

I thought Callum Gallagher was very poor with us but it seems he did well when on loan at the Shire last season so perhaps a confidence issue. Compared to Pat Scullion he should be superb.

As others have said I'm a little surprised that we have brought in another centre half but I suppose it gives us more depth. Also gives us the option of putting Meggat to LB and Sparky to midfield even in the event of Marr or Gordon being out.