The Alloa Athletic Thread

Technically he's an excellent player, and he's not too bad a finisher as he demonstrated against you in the cup.

And in the 5 1 game the day Hartley quit, I'm sure he scored an absolute beauty.

He's always shown up well against us. Incidentally Turner was another Jack Ross looked at in January, but I think he went back to Ireland (?)

And in the 5 1 game the day Hartley quit, I'm sure he scored an absolute beauty.

He's always shown up well against us. Incidentally Turner was another Jack Ross looked at in January, but I think he went back to Ireland (?)

Turner has retired.

Yeah thought that was a possibility based on his Twitter. Saw him taking in one of our home games not long after Jack joined so was convinced he was going to sign.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jacko brought him back even now to be honest. He's such a talented footballer it's just a shame he's never fit. If you could sort his ankle and get him able to complete a full 90 minutes then you'd have the best midfielder in League One on your hands. The break from the game might have been what his body needed to recover.

Where does this Kirkpatrick play? Can't say it's a player I've overly noticed against us (of course that's not exactly a bad thing) but jack ross talking about his ability to score goals and a quick look on Wikipedia says he's played over 100 games with only 17 goals in his career

I wouldn't be shocked if Jacko brought him back even now to be honest. He's such a talented footballer it's just a shame he's never fit. If you could sort his ankle and get him able to complete a full 90 minutes then you'd have the best midfielder in League One on your hands. The break from the game might have been what his body needed to recover.

I know he's got one or two other targets in mind for that area,but agree Turner would still be a terrific signing for us in League 1.

Where does this Kirkpatrick play? Can't say it's a player I've overly noticed against us (of course that's not exactly a bad thing) but jack ross talking about his ability to score goals and a quick look on Wikipedia says he's played over 100 games with only 17 goals in his career

Central midfield is where he's best. Sitting deep and pulling the strings. He spent time with us on the wing, in the No.10 role and upfront and he was pretty horrific at all three.

Play him in CM and I'd wager he'll get 7+ in League One next season.

for a midfielder that's actually a fairly decent record. Scored 2 against us last season in the cup.

for a midfielder that's actually a fairly decent record. Scored 2 against us last season in the cup.

I had assumed he played further forward maybe just in behind the striker just with Jack ross' quote on the official website.

he came to us as a youngster, and aggy and Turner kept him out of the team for the most part, I'd imagine most of his appearances for us were as a sub, done well while aggy was injured as previously said, you'll see some lovely goals, and undoubtedly his best years to come

Hutchy wasn't even in the legends squad for 22 hours before he pulled out. I'm awaiting word back from one or two more players. I'm in two minds whether to post the confirmed squad tomorrow or keep it as surprise until just before kick off.

Really hope we get a good turn out as it would be a fitting way to end the season for the lads who have gave me everything this season.

I'll need to try and get on a laptop today to post on The Duffle as well as I've not been able to post on their from a phone or iPad for weeks now for some reason.

Jack rates Jordon very very highly will play between the back line and middle of the park can ping a ball well and chips in with a few 30 yarders

Trying to get a price at Mcbookie for him to get Goal of the season

Jack rates Jordon very very highly will play between the back line and middle of the park can ping a ball well and chips in with a few 30 yarders

Trying to get a price at Mcbookie for him to get Goal of the season

McBookie have barred you.

Legends Squad:

Manager: Gregor Able

Assistant Manager: Jimmy Munro

Robbie Winters

Jose Quitongo

Robert Sloan

Davie Beaton

Craig Valentine

Paul McAneny

Graeme Brown

Jinky

Spider

Keith McCulloch

Andy Seaton

Jim Butter

Mark Wilson

Barry Moffat

Scott Walker

Just want to say a massive thank you to Donald Pollock for his help in giving me contact details for the Legends Squad and also Davie Beaton who has been fantastic in helping and Brian Roach has compiled a short but excellent programme for tomorrow's match as well. Lifelong fan and former kit man Jimmy Munro is Gregor Able's assistant for the day.

Spoke to about 40 players for the legends squad and each one has had nothing but praise for Alloa.

Edited by BigMartyn86

A fantastic day at Beechwood yesterday against the Legends team. Raised around £600 for the team to help us in our travels in the British Cup next season. Graeme Lafferty from the advertiser is doing a double page spread on the match in this weeks paper.

Photos can be found on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AlloaAthSFC/

I'm also thrilled to announce that McBookie.com are joining The Station as team sponsors for next season and have supplied us with fantastic polo shirts to make us look the part in a match day.