The Alloa Athletic Thread

Scott Gallagher any good? We've just signed him. Think he'll mostly be back up to Langfield.

Think I'll head over to Paisley if the opportunity presents itself this season. Watch the growing stable of Alloa legends and a wee trip to the Alamo as an extra treat.

I think I have one on my phone from when we were painting club shop. But it's not that clear- as I was quite understandably distracted by Tasmina in an Alloa top and Jack Ross in shorts at the Clackmannan Road end goal. Only 2 days til the first game anyway.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Thought you didnt recognise anyone?

I wouldnt go as far as to call Pat Scullion a legend, although he did score a fine goal in a derby match vs Stirling Albion one time.

Chris Mackie on the other hand, is an Alloa legend and training hard. Great to see him back.

Great to see Wasps1 is still following Alloa Athletic. A tremendous and well-informed poster and I, for one, think he'll brighten up the League 1 forum no end.

But what will he do when he finally gets bored of using the f*cking spoiler button? :angry:

Thought you didnt recognise anyone?

I wouldnt go as far as to call Pat Scullion a legend, although he did score a fine goal in a derby match vs Stirling Albion one time.

Chris Mackie on the other hand, is an Alloa legend and training hard. Great to see him back.

Pat isn't a legend, but I went back to the photos & I'm 99% sure he's one of them.

Thoughts on Dougie Hill guys? Signed for Brechin, always been impressed by him before.

Didnt sign for Alloa because he thought he was going back to championship, realised he couldn't & our deal was off the table. Solid defender though and will do very well for you!

Favorites for the league? Behave.

Finish above Alloa? More than likely.

Swap Alloa and Stranraer like for like and you are on.

Funny that because you tipped Stranraer to win the league not so long ago, need to make your mind up.

Didn't realise Dougie hadn't signed with us. He had a terrific second half to last season, fearsome and accurate in the tackle. Probably should have had a few more MOTM awards, but our match sponsors might as well give these things to the ball boys and seagulls for all the relevance they have to the game.

Surprised nobody from the Championship was willing to give him an offer. Maybe that nightclub stuff made them think twice. He'll be a terrific signing at this level regardless.