The Alloa Athletic Thread

25 minutes ago, pencils said:

I'm pretty sure I just seen or someone who really looks like Callum Crane at morrisons petrol station in Alloa

Noones been in tonight so if hes in the area dont think its to do with football.

Him and McCart were offered deals but like I've said before they'll surely get a full time gig somewhere.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

David Galt has signed for Alloa Athletic, he's a good player at this level. How will he get on in the Championship? Only time will tell.

this has been rumoured for a while. will be interesting . have you guys any target signings .... Spence ?

You should be very happy with this. Although, I said the same about Ben Gordon.

Speaking of whom, what's he up to these days?

I’m sure he is over my neck of the woods in Auckland playing in the Lotto Premier League. The standard is pretty average... saying that I play Division 6.

Edit: He’s playing for Glenfield Rovers who are 3rd in the Lotto Premier League. They play in black and gold so I can see why he chose them.

Hope david galt can do more of this, wore number 10 for qp so would assume he was an attacking midfielder?
Wouldn't look into that goal too much it's John Gibson in goal!

Finally listened to Jim's interview on rocksport from 3 days ago: He's looking for a  couple strikers a centre half and a left back; gives best offer and two to three days for them to mull it over...

Today: Greig Spence has found a club. Coincidence?

Really couldn't be fucked with Spence coming back again tbh

He did deliver but I think we need a better all round striker. Someone who could hold the ball up to allow support players to get up the park. Greig would almost be a luxury player for us in the Championship.

Greig Spence who just over a year ago left us after scoring a hattrick in the play - off final and scoring around 25 goals that season isn't worth going for? Will there be many other strikers going part time this summer that are better? Brechin had Issaac Layne in the Championship this season and he is well above his level, as well as still being young, always done well with us (knows the nucleas of the current team) and has played a few seasons in the Championship. Jim seems to prefer target men up front, but Spence would be a decent addition to the team. 

Greig Spence who just over a year ago left us after scoring a hattrick in the play - off final and scoring around 25 goals that season isn't worth going for? Will there be many other strikers going part time this summer that are better? Brechin had Issaac Layne in the Championship this season and he is well above his level, as well as still being young, always done well with us (knows the nucleas of the current team) and has played a few seasons in the Championship. Jim seems to prefer target men up front, but Spence would be a decent addition to the team. 
Greig scored four league goals in the Championship last time for us; three of which were against part-time sides. We will be the only part-time team in the Championship next season. His record in league one for us is largely irrelevant as we won't be playing at that level.

Interestingly Isaac got three league goals against full-time teams last season.

Now of course Greig is a MUCH better footballer and finisher than Isaac, but the point IMO is our strikers next year either need to be capable of scoring consistently at that level or be able to effectively hold the ball up/create for others to finish.

Personally I don't think Greig comes into either of those categories. I'd love to be proved wrong.

I don’t think we are in much of a position to knock back Spence if the opportunity came about. Are we really going to get a goalscorer like that elsewhere? If we had got promoted last season after Spency scored 27, we would have all been desperate to keep him no doubt. Maybe time to give him a bash in the Championship because we sure aren’t going to get a proven Championship scorer.

I’d 100% take him back, even though I get the point that it’s getting a bit funny and ridiculous the constant leaving and re-joining. However, can’t fault him for trying his hand at FT.