The Alloa Athletic Thread

not ideal position for him is it , was culpable for one of the goals in the ICT cup game , its being harsh on him i know but he is only human , much better in midfield, i like him too ,not fair asking him to fill this position as well .

He struggles against pace, otherwise he has been solid.

Ben Stirling isn’t very good.

Any game he played for us he was good. Dunfermline away aside when the whole team was pish and he was thrown on midway through second half. I'd say he was our best player in the game at Dens and one of our better players at home to Alloa (why I think grant has signed him). The only other game he played was a 3-0 win at home to Inverness. No idea why he wasn't used more.

Have to admit I had doubts about Kevin O’Hara when he came in, but he has been absolutely phenomenal recently, keeps finding himself in the right places at the right times. Let’s hope he can keep his form going until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, AlloaAdam said:

Have to admit I had doubts about Kevin O’Hara when he came in, but he has been absolutely phenomenal recently, keeps finding himself in the right places at the right times. Let’s hope he can keep his form going until the end of the season.

I think he will but he will move full time at the end of it, worried now Jamie Mcdonald will be out, just when we saw light at the end of the tunnel

We have had a lot of bad luck this season , i hope it isn't too bad .

Obviously the worry there is that MacDonald is done. But is this lad young enough that we would still have permission to use the emergency loan keeper rule for a fit Jamie? I'm not clear on how that rule works, but there was some talk that it was the age of the goalies that we had that allowed us to do the emergency loan for MacDonald. Wishful thinking perhaps. 

We were pretty fortunate with injuries last season but that certainly hasn't been the case this time. 

19 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Obviously the worry there is that MacDonald is done. But is this lad young enough that we would still have permission to use the emergency loan keeper rule for a fit Jamie? I'm not clear on how that rule works, but there was some talk that it was the age of the goalies that we had that allowed us to do the emergency loan for MacDonald. Wishful thinking perhaps. 

We were pretty fortunate with injuries last season but that certainly hasn't been the case this time. 

You can only bring in an emergency loan if you have one or less fit keepers over the age of 22. Technically Wright's presence at the age of 19 doesn't change that. However the emergency loan also requires the agreement of the SPFL Management Committee and it was made clear to us for instance that we wouldn't be allowed to bring in an emergency loan keeper at any time if we wanted just because we chose to have two senior keepers who were both under 22 (as we did when Robby McCrorie was backed up by Jack Leighfield). It requires a genuine emergency to exist so your regular keeper or his back up need to be either injured, suspended or away on international duty (which may be a factor for Wright who is in the u21 squad). I would be surprised if you were given permission to use MacDonald again having signed a keeper on loan (regardless of his age). In any event is Parry not close to a come back? He was running around Palmerston pre-match last Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You can only bring in an emergency loan if you have one or less fit keepers over the age of 22. Technically Wright's presence at the age of 19 doesn't change that. However the emergency loan also requires the agreement of the SPFL Management Committee and it was made clear to us for instance that we wouldn't be allowed to bring in an emergency loan keeper at any time if we wanted just because we chose to have two senior keepers who were both under 22 (as we did when Robby McCrorie was backed up by Jack Leighfield). It requires a genuine emergency to exist so your regular keeper or his back up need to be either injured, suspended or away on international duty (which may be a factor for Wright who is in the u21 squad). I would be surprised if you were given permission to use MacDonald again having signed a keeper on loan (regardless of his age). In any event is Parry not close to a come back? He was running around Palmerston pre-match last Saturday.

Thanks Skyline. 

Last I heard Parry was continuing his rehab but still a long way off being able to play. The feeling was that he was unlikely to be back this season. 

It would certainly be great to see him and Andy Graham before May. How likely that is, I don't know. 

Jammer's going to be out the majority of the rest of the season.

I think the estimate was 9 months for Parry in September but from personal experience after I tore my cruciate ligament and there's a big difference from starting to run and being able to play football again. 

Speak to Andy and he's bullish he'll be back faster than any man in history 😂  We'll see him before the end.

Could have one more to announce before the deadline too!

8 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

They had kieran's signing as 2nd post and another signing as first post , then swapped them around  . capiche ?

It's me that does the twitter. You had me confused! No you only get 

when we've signed someone but we get told we've got to wait til xx:xx to announce it. In this case I had 20 minutes notice. Normally I'll wait for the website too, but, you know, the websites been dead quite alot recently, like now so I don't need to link it.

We don't announce signings until the registrations done.

Edited by LeodhasXD