The Alloa Athletic Thread

14 hours ago, whereismillar said:

depends if Jamieson and Murray who we have not seen yet are good additions , Will big Andy be back for the Airdrie game ?

Blair malcolm also missing at the stranraer game  .

Suspect Andy wont be ready nor risked at Airdrie.

Also hear there is a potential striker loan deal in pipeline.

A certain photography site by my guess. I had all my stuff ready for today to announce but SFA taking their sweet time.

Correct. Not sure if it’s the same player mentioned above but only one I know pretty much done. Would still like a more natural, bigger presence striker on top of that! Good signing none the less.

9 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Correct. Not sure if it’s the same player mentioned above but only one I know pretty much done. Would still like a more natural, bigger presence striker on top of that! Good signing none the less.

Lee Connelly coming back? 

Robert Thomson gives us that presence but not sure that will be PG's preferred style of play. Gives us a Plan B though. Hopefully PG has another O'Hara up his sleeve. 

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Lee connolly confirmed, would have preferred to hear banks was back instead 

Connolly was ok 

Didn't play that many games but plenty of promise from what I saw. He was getting better with every appearance too. This time he comes in with knowledge of the players and the club and that wee bit extra experience from those few games. That will stand to him. Remember too, we've had plenty of loans who were ultimately a great success after initially taking a wee while to find their feet. We were short on pace and trickery up front and Connelly can bring that. Welcome back, Lee 🐝

Ideally I'd like to see another young attacker too, but this is a positive move. 

48 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Didn't play that many games but plenty of promise from what I saw. He was getting better with every appearance too. This time he comes in with knowledge of the players and the club and that wee bit extra experience from those few games. That will stand to him. Remember too, we've had plenty of loans who were ultimately a great success after initially taking a wee while to find their feet. We were short on pace and trickery up front and Connelly can bring that. Welcome back, Lee 🐝

Ideally I'd like to see another young attacker too, but this is a positive move. 

You are right , I would have preferred banks though ,of course different team different circumstances . like connolly though ..unfinished business  .

3 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

I guess it will be the pixellot system that is gonna be used for our live streams when it's up and running?

Yeah, I was terrified based off what I saw the other week. But honestly Airdrieonians stream was excellent tonight. You won't get any closeups but following the play was almost perfect. They admitted Pixellot had monitored and fixed a lot since their last fixture.

Likewise after our game I had voiced my strong concerns. I'm very hopeful now that we'll have a decent standard from it but...

If our system can't be fixed... I have my original idea, we already have ecommerce on the site, build an HTML5 player into the website. Everyone would sign into to alloaathletic.co.uk and buy season ticket or PPV straight from the OS. 

How quickly I can make something like that remains to be seen and the reason we went with pixellot in the beginning is I have never done something like this so the potential for problems expected and unforeseen is a worry.

3 hours ago, whereismillar said:

it is working well enough on the stream leodhas  has linked up ,picture looks better too .

The last thing is the tracking improvements. That's all down to pixellot.

Hopefully by next week I can integrate the OTT site into our website. If any of you are season ticket holders, it's looking likely what'll happen is you'll get a coupon code from us. You make an account - you'll be prompted to buy a season ticket - enter the coupon code we've emailed you and you'll receive your 100% discount.

Alternatively you make an account - and I manually go through all the accounts and gift a free season ticket. Hopefully the former.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The last thing is the tracking improvements. That's all down to pixellot.

Hopefully by next week I can integrate the OTT site into our website. If any of you are season ticket holders, it's looking likely what'll happen is you'll get a coupon code from us. You make an account - you'll be prompted to buy a season ticket - enter the coupon code we've emailed you and you'll receive your 100% discount.

Alternatively you make an account - and I manually go through all the accounts and gift a free season ticket. Hopefully the former.

I have had no reply for my request for streaming from the club ,that which was included as an option with the season ticket ...bit worried its not going to plan .