The Alloa Athletic Thread

38 minutes ago, bsd said:

We have 14 home games in the league I think. So if we are not allowed into any games this season and a season ticket cost £170 that works out at just over £12 a game. Surely PPV would not be less than this otherwise season ticket holders are ending up paying more which is not the idea of a season ticket.

I realise our first home game is not until the 24th but it would be nice to have some sort of acknowledgement that we havn't been forgotten about. Better not be a last minute f**k about on the Friday night or Saturday morning.

I've held off buying my usual season ticket due to the general uncertainty. I'm holding off now to see the ppv cost and the quality. So still undecided about the whole thing tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Great news that we have managed to get Stefan Scougall signed up. If we can get him anywhere near his best he should be a terrific addition. 

How the f*** have we managed that? 

7 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Honestly, existential dread for the pixellot system. 

From the game Airdrie showed for free last week against Albion Rovers it was much improved. Their latest patch seems to have introduced more problems for us.

I'm hopeful for Montrose and Airdrie tonight but if it's a disaster... A week is not enough time to test our own system,🤦‍♂️

Barring the fairly severe server issues, meaning a fair whack of folk were getting an error message, our stream was totally fine last night. I had the fear about it being shite but I was impressed.

Scougall was a standout in the Livingston team around 2012-2013, I don’t think anybody who had watched him was surprised when he got his move down south. I’ve no idea what he’s been like in the years in between but If he’s anything like i remember him, that’s a tremendous signing. 

9 minutes ago, Barneyw said:

Scougall was a standout in the Livingston team around 2012-2013, I don’t think anybody who had watched him was surprised when he got his move down south. I’ve no idea what he’s been like in the years in between but If he’s anything like i remember him, that’s a tremendous signing. 

He wasn't great for us, but was mostly asked to play on the wing which doesn't seem like his game.

Very lightweight.

1 hour ago, printer said:

I've held off buying my usual season ticket due to the general uncertainty. I'm holding off now to see the ppv cost and the quality. So still undecided about the whole thing tbh. 

I got mine entirely for the entertainment value of ripping in to Leodhas every other week.

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

The commentary team aren't fans. Every time he gets it they call him Blair Malcolm 🤣

Blair Malcolm was another good Clyde man in his youth and I once saved a penalty from Adam Brown at the Abronhill pitches (he was in the year above me at school). Could I have more reasons to support Alloa tonight?!

Airdrie commentators reminiscing of signing players they couldn't afford while in administration to first avoid relegation then win a cup. 

Decent enough half there. Lacking a focal point at the top but we've played some nice stuff and looking pretty fluid given they've only had 2 games so far. 

That was a good effort by the team tonight. Airdrie were maybe a bit weaker than I expected but it was a clear step up from the Stranraer game and it was encouraging to see Alloa looking so well organised and moving it about nicely after playing just two friendlies. The old faithful as good as ever and I thought big Lynch at the back did well too. Looks like he can be a real option there with Andy and Jamieson still to return. 

I do feel that we'll still need another attacker but after the signing of Scougall and a solid first performance from the team - and a few players missing tonight - there is plenty of promise for the months ahead. 

Stream was decent enough and just class to be seeing Alloa in action again, even if it is online. 

That was a good effort by the team tonight. Airdrie were maybe a bit weaker than I expected but it was a clear step up from the Stranraer game and it was encouraging to see Alloa looking so well organised and moving it about nicely after playing just two friendlies. The old faithful as good as ever and I thought big Lynch at the back did well too. Looks like he can be a real option there with Andy and Jamieson still to return. 
I do feel that we'll still need another attacker but after the signing of Scougall and a solid first performance from the team - and a few players missing tonight - there is plenty of promise for the months ahead. 
Stream was decent enough and just class to be seeing Alloa in action again, even if it is online. 

Yeah thought it was a pretty even game, on another day we’d have scored a couple in the second half when we were dominating . Good sign that we could hold our own in the championship. Thought ray grant was the standout for you and as expected parry making good saves when called upon. And agreed , said before the game just glad to see a competitive game! all the best for the season.

Thought it was a good standard of game, Alloa looked solid throughout Grant and hetherington looked very good in the middle of the park. The defence also done very well when called upon and I thought lynch looks very promising and didnt really put a foot wrong, thought all the subs that came on looked lively and Thomson took his header well. Think scougall is going to be an absolute player for us and that turn he done was just something else. All in all a very good promising start.

Great to be able to watch the game, On the whole the stream had a very good picture but it lost the ball and showed random areas of the park on a good few occasions, I know that we are supposed to be running the same system as airdrie had tonight hopefully it can iron out the 1 or 2 minor problems but I was impressed by the standard of picture.

Enjoyed watching that. Thought we were pretty comfortable apart from the spell in the second half prior to the substitutions. Thomson coming on enabled us to get forward again with his ability to hold the ball. Encouraging that he got a good goal - always helps a strikers confidence.

As Waspie says, the old guard gave us what they always do and Grant looked a good, clever player. 

I thought Lynch did OK, if a bit one footed.

Good start to the season.

I don't know why the commentator thought it was Malcolm apart from mix up over numbers I thought he looked familiar and twigged when they finally named Ray Grant. Alloa did have the edge in footballing possession but Gallagher missed a good chance at 0-1. I am still curious as to how Adam Brown fitted into your side but wish we had treated Alan Trouten better when he was with us. Good luck this season and Parry is still a top man.