The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

More appropriate here - is the pitch at Indodrill due to be re-layed? I've been to 4 games over the last few years and can't say I've noticed any issues with it but I did today, I have to say. Thankfully we never got beat so I'm not looking for an excuse but I know they have a shelf life and was just wondering if it was coming to the end of its life? 

It's still in a better state than the old one at Palmerston but yes. It's at the end of the shelf life. I'd imagine it'll be this coming summer or at latest the one after for a new one. Still passes the standard tests they do on all the surfaces though so the sooner it fails the better imo. The first few years on the surface are really good.

Edited by LeodhasXD

40 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

What issues exactly  ?

I thought in the first half particularly that the ball kept getting caught in our players feet and the bounce seemed a bit higher than usual. It was quite reminiscent of our old surface which as I say, is something I can't say I've ever noticed before which made me wonder if it was on its way out. 

13 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It's still in a better state than the old one at Palmerston but yes. It's at the end of the shelf life. I'd imagine it'll be this coming summer or at latest the one after for a new one. Still passes the standard tests they do on all the surfaces though so the sooner it fails the better imo. The first few years on the surface are really good.

I mean, no QoS poster slagged the state of our old pitch more than me so I'm not sure the first part was necessary. Particularly when it turns out my thinking was in fact correct :lol:

The standard tests must be fairly lenient given our shite surface kept somehow passing (Ironically , something that couldn't be done effectively on said surface). 

Edited by 19QOS19

Seen on twitter the new away kit was posted in the programme, any idea when it will be on the Pendle site?

Edit: checked just now and the new away top is up for sale 

Edited by Rory

This season will see the 25th anniversary of our Challenge Cup win. It was a fantastic achievement for the club, and a classic game in the final. It was also one of the all time great Alloa teams - Martin Cameron, Craig Valentine, Willie Irvine are some of the best players that I've ever seen at the Recs.

Will the club be doing anything to mark the occasion - inviting some of the former players along to a game in November?

Could have been a good chance to release a new home kit inspired by the 99 one!

Would be nice to see some of the players from that team asked back to the Recs, maybe even try and get them all for a reunion 

4 hours ago, Dink said:

This season will see the 25th anniversary of our Challenge Cup win. It was a fantastic achievement for the club, and a classic game in the final. It was also one of the all time great Alloa teams - Martin Cameron, Craig Valentine, Willie Irvine are some of the best players that I've ever seen at the Recs.

Will the club be doing anything to mark the occasion - inviting some of the former players along to a game in November?

That's a good idea Dink. Maybe your post will kick things off if there aren't any plans. 

Inviting the players to a game and treating them to lunch and a few drinks sounds good. Geting them to parade the trophy would be great too.

4 hours ago, Dink said:

Also, the three players you mention were indeed great players. If we had those three in the squad just now I'd be confident of getting promotion this year. 

Playing our 4-2-3-1 Irvine would be custom made for the role in the centre of the three and peak Cameron would be a beast as a lone striker. Valentine doesn't fit into the team quite so well, as he always played his best stuff as a sweeper in a back 3, but we could move Taggart in one and play Vally at full back.

Then we could bring Davie Beaton on to take free kicks. 

And there's a whole load of other class players in that team that I haven't mentioned.

16 hours ago, Dink said:

Great shout. I remember speaking to a few members of that side a number of years ago for programme features and they were disappointed that the club hadn't marked the 10th anniversary. A chance here to put that right. 

Bobby Wales came on in the 88th minute and score the equaliser for Killie in their European Conference League qualifier game against Tromso last night. 

1 minute ago, printer said:

Bobby Wales came on in the 88th minute and score the equaliser for Killie in their European Conference League qualifier game against Tromso last night. 

I recall the kit man telling me his first game for us - which I remember him being a breath of fresh air and excellent, he gets subbed off and the first words out his mouth were: "what's the killie score?"

Dream come true to score such a big goal in the context of a tie... Although it'll not make many highlight reels 😂

Noticed he came on against Celtic at the weekend too. Good to see him getting a go for Killie.

Glad he got off the mark quicker for Killie than he did for us

23 hours ago, Rory said:

Noticed he came on against Celtic at the weekend too. Good to see him getting a go for Killie.

Glad he got off the mark quicker for Killie than he did for us

Noticed that too. Must be showing up well in training. I thought he'd definitely go out on loan again, but maybe not if he's involved in games.

Watched some of the Ayr v Airdrie game last night. Stanger doing well for Ayr. I had some doubts when he moved there, mainly about his ability in the air, but great to see him doing so well.

Also Ross MacIver was the best player on the pitch in Falkirk's defeat of QP last week.

A pleasure to see these lads doing so well at high levels.

Morning Wasps.

Eldest bairn has a final at your stadium Saturday morning, I'm on the bus with her but the wife is driving through with the youngest.

I've never been to the indodril where's best to park nearby?

58 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Morning Wasps.

Eldest bairn has a final at your stadium Saturday morning, I'm on the bus with her but the wife is driving through with the youngest.

I've never been to the indodril where's best to park nearby?

probably best at morrisons supermarket  if its well attended or LIDL right next to the ground if its not too busy,  I dont think any of these camera scammers operate from them .

Edited by Vegetableman

4 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

probably best at morrisons supermarket  if its well attended or LIDL right next to the ground if its not too busy,  I dont think any of these camera scammers operate from them .

I don't think there will be thousands but I'll let the wife know cheers.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

I don't think there will be thousands but I'll let the wife know cheers.

You may be able to park closer in the stoney car park behind KFC. The small one directly outside the home end is usually filled up quickly. THE BUSINESS PARK AT THE HOME END AND KFC BOTH HAVE CAMERAS SO BEWARE.