Tinder

I am getting a shit load of hockey/rugby players over the last day or two. (Female). Commonwealth influence?

Yes, I cannot overstate the boredom encountered, when on tour for elite level sport! "Resting" takes up/ is given a massive part of the day, and there will be lots of waiting about for individual analysis/ physio etc...

The minute one person gets it, the whole squad will have it. Regardless if it's any good!

ETA...the boredom may increase the chances of tinder>snapchat action...

Goodluck!

Edited by thelurker

What elite level sport have you been on tour for Lurker?

I always imagined it's be quite boring. When you're not out pegging every fucking woman that wants it.

I've played european level hockey (EHL ~ champions league).

The "out to pegg everyone" is normally what's aimed for at the end of the tournament, however after 5 days(at least) of intense effort you're lucky if its more than a couple of hours, before you're a mumbling mess.

Airport - motorway - hotel - hotel grounds(walk 3hrs before if early game)- motorway- ground- motorway- hotel. Then, sometimes, if you're REALLY lucky, walk to shops to buy more bread, ham, &cheese and fruit.

A big part is giving your body time to recover, so movement is deliberately curtailed.

Then there will be video analysis for individuals/ offensive tactics, defensive tactics/ line analysis eg Forwards, mid, def. Waiting to see the physio, then time for more food.

There's only so much of each others company you can take... Box sets get a hammering.

Then you go out to play, and all that matters is the game!

After the match, recovery/warmdown, refuel, bus to hotel, discuss the game. Repeat.

Once everything is finished, time to let the hair-down, and try to pegg everyone . Only for an evening, because the flight home inevitably leaves at 6 the next morning.

I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity to play in europe & against some of the best players and teams in the world. If I have children I will bore them to death with it.

NB. For an amateur sport(continentals play proffessionally) it can be pricey. This year it is looking around 750 each, just to make the european comp. My match fees and subs are 250 each year.

I've played european level hockey (EHL ~ champions league).

The "out to pegg everyone" is normally what's aimed for at the end of the tournament, however after 5 days(at least) of intense effort you're lucky if its more than a couple of hours, before you're a mumbling mess.

Airport - motorway - hotel - hotel grounds(walk 3hrs before if early game)- motorway- ground- motorway- hotel. Then, sometimes, if you're REALLY lucky, walk to shops to buy more bread, ham, &cheese and fruit.

A big part is giving your body time to recover, so movement is deliberately curtailed.

Then there will be video analysis for individuals/ offensive tactics, defensive tactics/ line analysis eg Forwards, mid, def. Waiting to see the physio, then time for more food.

There's only so much of each others company you can take... Box sets get a hammering.

Then you go out to play, and all that matters is the game!

After the match, recovery/warmdown, refuel, bus to hotel, discuss the game. Repeat.

Once everything is finished, time to let the hair-down, and try to pegg everyone . Only for an evening, because the flight home inevitably leaves at 6 the next morning.

I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity to play in europe & against some of the best players and teams in the world. If I have children I will bore them to death with it.

NB. For an amateur sport(continentals play proffessionally) it can be pricey. This year it is looking around 750 each, just to make the european comp. My match fees and subs are 250 each year.

£250 a year for match fees and subs (assuming I'm reading this right)? I'm a fiver a week for training with my shite amateur football team and a fiver on a Saturday for a game, roughly £500 a year. You're a chancer!

Pisses me off, get matches and none speak. Stupid app although it is good for a laugh, first time single in a while a month or 2 back, I'm not used to this pish. :lol:

Last time I was single everyone was on Myspace. This new world scares the f**k out of me!

Last time I was single everyone was on Myspace. This new world scares the f**k out of me!

Fair while ago then?!

Met the lassie I was going out with for the past 3 years in Fat Sams when I was 18..... :lol:

This Tinder stuffs a nonsense! :(

£250 a year for match fees and subs (assuming I'm reading this right)? I'm a fiver a week for training with my shite amateur football team and a fiver on a Saturday for a game, roughly £500 a year. You're a chancer!

Stick ~£200-300- you should have two, these last a season

shoes 100- also last a season,

I wish I was in a position where 500 is insignificant, but i'm not.

Stick ~£200-300- you should have two, these last a season

shoes 100- also last a season,

I wish I was in a position where 500 is insignificant, but i'm not.

Don't get me wrong mate, if I had to pay it up front it'd be tough! Just seemed low for elite level sport. Although you can't really include shoes etc, I need football boots, the goalie needs gloves etc. Same for everyone.

Anyway, back on topic. Tinder is like a whole new world to me as I'm freshly single. Going to tenerife for a week by myself tomorrow hoping to put it to good use out there!