New handsets 2016

Mik

How you finding it? I'm having a look for a new phone at the moment and this is being highly considered. The removable battery is a massive plus for me.

Aye really good, easily handles everything I can chuck at it and the battery life is actually pretty decent. It was the removable battery that clinched it for me because I usually buy an extended battery for my phones but instead this time i've went for one of those credit card sized power banks that I can keep in my wallet for emergencies. I'm always travelling around Glasgow with my job and often use the satnav while listening to music to get me from A to B and still find I have some charge left when I get home around 5.30. My only (minor) complaint is that the maximum volume when listening to music isn't great, if there was a way to squeeze another 10% out of it somehow i'd say its the best phone i've ever had.

Time for an upgrade on Friday.

Thinking about the HTC M9. Reviews look pretty decent. Any horror stories?

I have the M8 and fucking love it. Although my mate also has one and absolutely hates it :lol:

I'm a big fan of the HTC's. My last 3 devices have been from them.

Looks like Google launching the LG Nexus 5X and Huawei 6P at conference today along with Android 6 Marshmallow. I'll definitely be interested in the 5X as it appears it'll be more of a mid range phone, which is all I need(and can afford at the minute).

Did you get one? Was thinking about it but you can get a Samsung S6 for about the same on a contract with EE and that seems a whole lot more phone for the money. If the Nexus had an SD card slot I'd be all over it

Did you get one? Was thinking about it but you can get a Samsung S6 for about the same on a contract with EE and that seems a whole lot more phone for the money. If the Nexus had an SD card slot I'd be all over it

Yeah I got one, decent phone, I long since left the world of contracts though, this will do me another few years. Good camera, pretty fast as well, and obviously running Marshmallow. Battery life seems good, with doze a definite improvement, as is quick charging via USB type C.

If you really need an SD slot it's obviously for you though. I currently have 25GB free, although I've no games installed at the moment, the fact I don't have Facebook or Facebook Messenger on my phone no doubt helps as well, as they are very bloated apps.

Yeah I got one, decent phone, I long since left the world of contracts though, this will do me another few years. Good camera, pretty fast as well, and obviously running Marshmallow. Battery life seems good, with doze a definite improvement, as is quick charging via USB type C.

If you really need an SD slot it's obviously for you though. I currently have 25GB free, although I've no games installed at the moment, the fact I don't have Facebook or Facebook Messenger on my phone no doubt helps as well, as they are very bloated apps.

Cheers for that. Can get it with 2GB data for £27.50 - that's less than I'm currently paying for a Galaxy S3! Might bite the bullet and just cut down on the 3500 songs I have on my current phone...

Right Mrs Mozza has asked Santa for a new handset for her Christmas. Bearing in mind her current one is this Sony W595:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1446322005.508051.jpg

And she "doesn't want an iPhone thing with stupid email and stuff", any recommendations?

I am looking at the Sony Z5 and it looks very nice with good write up's.

Just upgraded from a lumia 1520 to the S6. Going to miss the Microsoft interface. For a while extra £5 a month I could have a bent screen. Nothing different on the handset.. mental