Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kilmarnock have lost their hotel, which was subsiding their playing budget. Now they're like the rest of us in having to rely on what they bring in for what they spend.

Not at all, they have a sugar daddy in the shape of Bowie. He's already intimated that he will spend his own money to keep Killie in the premiership.

Not at all, they have a sugar daddy in the shape of Bowie. He's already intimated that he will spend his own money to keep Killie in the premiership.

wee will find out soon Enuff, see the type of players wee start bringing in

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Dundee have been signing a few players as you would do coming up a division. Thistle as far as I can make out have only signed one new player so don't see what AJ means by others spending money.

I see that we've reached that point in every season where folk are getting concerned about our squad despite the fact we haven't even started pre-season.

Plenty of players have left, but Boyd is the only massive loss so far and I'm sure we'll bring in someone to replace him. It would be good to get Eremenko for next season too.

I would have kept Fowler, but he hardly featured last year. Maksimenko and Irvine were decent enough and might be worth looking at again. Clohessy is pish and would have been 2nd choice anyway. Reguero didn't play a game, Gardyne was hopeless, Nicholson was past it, McKeown barely featured. Hopefully Tesselaar leaves too, because he's not good enough.

Looking at what's left, we still have Samson in goals, Barbour, Pascali, Ashcroft as 3 of our back 4 plus O'Hara as cover, Hamill, Clingan and Slater for central midfield, McKenzie/Muirhead, Johnston and Kiltie for the wide areas and Muirhead/McKenzie up front.

We wouldn't want to go into the season looking like that obviously, but it's not actually that bad a team if you stick O'Hara at left-back. I'd expect us at the very least to bring in one left-back, another centre-back, an attacking midfielder and a striker. The main issue will be whether Johnston is able to identify good targets who are actually capable of playing at this level - his record last season was dreadful in that respect.

I see that we've reached that point in every season where folk are getting concerned about our squad despite the fact we haven't even started pre-season.

Plenty of players have left, but Boyd is the only massive loss so far and I'm sure we'll bring in someone to replace him. It would be good to get Eremenko for next season too.

I would have kept Fowler, but he hardly featured last year. Maksimenko and Irvine were decent enough and might be worth looking at again. Clohessy is pish and would have been 2nd choice anyway. Reguero didn't play a game, Gardyne was hopeless, Nicholson was past it, McKeown barely featured. Hopefully Tesselaar leaves too, because he's not good enough.

Looking at what's left, we still have Samson in goals, Barbour, Pascali, Ashcroft as 3 of our back 4 plus O'Hara as cover, Hamill, Clingan and Slater for central midfield, McKenzie/Muirhead, Johnston and Kiltie for the wide areas and Muirhead/McKenzie up front.

We wouldn't want to go into the season looking like that obviously, but it's not actually that bad a team if you stick O'Hara at left-back. I'd expect us at the very least to bring in one left-back, another centre-back, an attacking midfielder and a striker. The main issue will be whether Johnston is able to identify good targets who are actually capable of playing

I could not agree more.

at this level - his record last season was dreadful in that respect.

We wouldn't want to go into the season looking like that obviously, but it's not actually that bad a team if you stick O'Hara at left-back. I'd expect us at the very least to bring in one left-back, another centre-back, an attacking midfielder and a striker. The main issue will be whether Johnston is able to identify good targets who are actually capable of playing at this level - his record last season was dreadful in that respect.[/

quote]

Why did reguero not get a game? Far better than Samson.. To say gardyne was hopeless is pish! He gave 100% every game and his chasing and link up play was brilliant. How many more chances can we afford to give Ohara? He's not done it so far.... I would loan him out down the league to toughen him up and see what he's got and if he's not got it get rid of him. We need a few more experienced players cause if we are going to rely on Kiltie Johnston and muirhead we will struggle... Need somebody to take the pressure of them

To say gardyne was hopeless is pish! He gave 100% every game and his chasing and link up play was brilliant.

I would give 100% if I played for Killie too - doesn't mean I would be good. His "brilliant link-up play" resulted in him getting just two assists last season. In total he was involved in just five goals - scoring one, setting two up and having a further two where he got the touch prior to the assist. For the amount of minutes he played as a supposed attacking player, that is an abysmal return.

How many more chances can we afford to give Ohara? He's not done it so far.... I would loan him out down the league to toughen him up and see what he's got and if he's not got it get rid of him.

He's only 18 and he has already shown plenty of signs of what he's capable of. It's not easy for a defender to come into the team at such a young age, because every mistake is likely to lead to a goal or at least a good goalscoring chance. It's ridiculous to write him off at this point.

We need a few more experienced players cause if we are going to rely on Kiltie Johnston and muirhead we will struggle... Need somebody to take the pressure of them

That's pretty much what I said in my post. The season doesn't start tomorrow and I'm pretty confident we'll get experienced guys in.

Archived