Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news about Clohessy leaving - he was hopeless. I dread to think how bad the English League 2 must have been for him to have made their team of the season. He was fit enough and could get up and down the park, but he couldn't defend and lacked any sort of technical ability. Barbour isn't perfect, but he's substantially better than Clohessy.

Assuming Hamill is being used as a midfielder, we definitely need another right-back in to provide some competition.

Pretty sure that David McCracken was in the League Two Team of the Year a couple of seasons before he joined us. Jennison Myrie-Williams certainly was after he left us. A dreadful league.

You could use plenty of players to make the opposite point, John Sutton for example.

In fairness, he was invariably blowing out of his arse after an hour most games he started, and was replaced.

He's worth it for even just the 60 minutes though - he'll usually create something in any given match, or score a goal. Definitely a 'moneyball' type player.

I wouldn't like saints to come up against him next season anyway

I'm seriously worried for next season.

Boyd's gone, Clohessy's gone (okay not a great player but he's a decent RB IMO), Paska may be leaving, Clingan looks set to go, Eremenko may not be offered a new deal, Fowler left (good leader, helps inspire the team even if we'd kept him as a coach).

We've signed Jamie Hammill. Okay, were in talks with Goodwillie, Cairney and Hasslebaink etc, but I can see Goodwillie wanting too much, and I dunno if the other two would be worth the wages they'll be on.

With AJ still in charge I'm very very pessimistic about the upcoming season.

I reckon we're going down unfortunately.

Boyd's gone, Clohessy's gone (okay not a great player but he's a decent RB IMO), Paska may be leaving, Clingan looks set to go, Eremenko may not be offered a new deal, Fowler left (good leader, helps inspire the team even if we'd kept him as a coach).

We've signed Jamie Hammill. Okay, were in talks with Goodwillie, Cairney and Hasslebaink etc, but I can see Goodwillie wanting too much, and I dunno if the other two would be worth the wages they'll be on.

Good post.

Allan Johnston in the paper saying he's struggling to compete with clubs like Dundee and Partick Thistle:

'There are a lot of clubs looking at the same players we are, so you have to compete with that. It’s going to be difficult. Clubs like Dundee and Partick Thistle are spending a lot of money and it’s difficult to compete with that.

“A club like Dundee is spending money and having a go. But they have a big supporter base.'

Allan Johnston in the paper saying he's struggling to compete with clubs like Dundee and Partick Thistle:

'There are a lot of clubs looking at the same players we are, so you have to compete with that. It’s going to be difficult. Clubs like Dundee and Partick Thistle are spending a lot of money and it’s difficult to compete with that.

“A club like Dundee is spending money and having a go. But they have a big supporter base.'

I think we are all roughly in the same boat.

Pretty sure Boyd wouldn't have been offered peanuts to stay.

Kilmarnock have lost their hotel, which was subsiding their playing budget. Now they're like the rest of us in having to rely on what they bring in for what they spend.

It's no surprise to see them struggling to make this adjustment. If anyone is going to finish below Dundee and Hamilton this year, they're certainly looking the most likely.

So basically in the words of Ke$ha: 'We're going down, I'm yelling timber'

Archived