Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

Had a look on the Killie forum and everyone is whetting their knickers because we allegedly haven't agreed a deal with Eremenko yet. Jesus, has nobody figured out that he may well be asking for silly money to stay? People have been saying we need to "get the chequebook out" and "pay whatever it takes" to get him back in stripes - f**k off. If he can't fit into our wage structure then I'm sorry, he can't be a Kilmarnock player. I don't want to see my club get into trouble signing overpaid mercenaries that may have been quality 5 years ago. If he was very good in his spell last season then he'd maybe have some leverage, but he was generally poor in possession and regularly got the team into trouble. The odd flash of genius doesn't merit the wages. Of course he could have a good pre-season and shine, but he's not even training with us (or anyone else as far as I'm aware) and he really needs all the pre-season he can get.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll probably have the 6th or 7th biggest budget in the league, so staying in the division shouldn't really be our aim.

Of course it shouldn't, but given recent history staying in the top flight until we can get a settled squad - with a season or two's experience for the youngsters - would, for me, be acceptable. We're not going to win anything this year, so why not steady the ship with a plan for the seasons to come?

Of course it shouldn't, but given recent history staying in the top flight until we can get a settled squad - with a season or two's experience for the youngsters - would, for me, be acceptable. We're not going to win anything this year, so why not steady the ship with a plan for the seasons to come?

Because AJ doesn't have a plan?!?! LOLOLOLOL he's clueless hahaha #lad

Because this season represents a huge opportunity for a good finish. We're talking about a league where we are genuinely the 4th/5th biggest club and where we will have a top 6 budget. That won't be the case the following season when you'd expect two of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs to come up. You have to seize these opportunities when they come along, and that means not settling for pish like Magennis who might "keep us up".

Would be too much money for us but i'd take him in an instant if we could.

The Eremenko situation needs to be resolved quickly. Either sign him up or announce it's not happening so we can move on.The thing with losa is that when fit he is a fantastic player. Majority of last season he wasn't fit, which I attribute to AJ not playing him in under 20s matches for fitness.

Fans want a big name signing, fans are on a downer because we've lost Boyd and probably goodwillie aswell.

It gets people interested and enthusiastic for the season. Might even sell a few tickets and shirts.

Decent signing. I believe we were in for him too. He's decent, but I'm not sure if he'll come anywhere near filling in the goals that Killie will be missing from Boyd. Johnston could have done much worse business than sign Miller though.

Decent signing. I believe we were in for him too. He's decent, but I'm not sure if he'll come anywhere near filling in the goals that Killie will be missing from Boyd. Johnston could have done much worse business than sign Miller though.

Most of us are resigned to the fact that we'll probably not see another Kris Boyd for a long time. We'll probably be linking Miller up with Rory McKenzie upfront which could work nicely.

I'll wager he doesn't make double figures. He's not really a goalscorer, more a link up player.

Ah, cheers. I remember you telling us that Sheridan wouldn't get five for us.

I feel more confident now you've assessed Miller.

Good signing for Killie, would have been quite happy with him signing for us. Funny he signed about two hours after our new away kit is made public :shutup

Archived