Confirmed Championship Issues

There were also only about two of the cup final side actually played 90 mins and one of them, McQuilken, played a different position. It was treated as a training exercise in reality.

What was our line up that day?

I wasn't at the game, but I remember reports at the time indicating that we weren't at the races, but of course, none of us were at all concerned.

I must admit though that I can't remember our personnel reflecting that. However it's no surprise or mystery that it did.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was our line up that day? I wasn't at the game, but I remember reports at the time indicating that we weren't at the races, but of course, none of us were at all concerned. I must admit though that I can't remember our personnel reflecting that. However it's no surprise or mystery that it did.

Here is a link to the report.

http://www.qosarchive.co.uk/260408.htm

Looks like Thomson, McQuilken and Tosh played all 90 mins.

Burns O`Connor and Dobbie also started but were substituted.

Falkirk's last game against Hibs will be meaningless to them. They might not admit it, but they will naturally take it easier with a cup final to play in. The only way they will bust a gut is if they field a team of reserves looking to impress to sneak a place in the cup final line up. Sevco should have a tougher game against them, as they will probably take risks and go for goals in the hope that QoS slip up.

Falkirk will play a strong team

Bit unfair their season will end next week (if they don't make play offs) as Inverness still have a few more weeks playing. I'd imagine they'll arrange a few friendlies to keep match fitness ticking over

Falkirk will play a strong team

Bit unfair their season will end next week (if they don't make play offs) as Inverness still have a few more weeks playing. I'd imagine they'll arrange a few friendlies to keep match fitness ticking over

Same thing happened in 2008 when QoS reached the final v Rangers no competitive game for a month.

That was interesting.I hadn't realised that we'd been the better side in the first half.

Back in the days I was writing match reports! I did recall it was very much the proverbial "game of two halves" though.

Yes I see my memory was slightly off on the numbers. It wasnt two cup final team including Jammer, it was two (JT and Tosher) PLUS Jammer who played left back not his by then established left midfield slot. Point is though we made wholesale changes to the cup final side in the circumstances.

Falkirk's last game against Hibs will be meaningless to them. They might not admit it, but they will naturally take it easier with a cup final to play in. The only way they will bust a gut is if they field a team of reserves looking to impress to sneak a place in the cup final line up. Sevco should have a tougher game against them, as they will probably take risks and go for goals in the hope that QoS slip up.

Any advantage that Hibs gain from Falkirk being lackadaisical will be counteracted by Rangers visiting a Hearts side who've playing with a distinct lack of urgency since the league was sealed.

Results from Saturday 25 April:

Cowdenbeath 1-2 Hearts

Hibernian 4-1 Alloa Athletic

Queen of the South 2-1 Dumbarton

Raith Rovers 0-4 Livingston

Rangers 2-2 Falkirk

Some interesting results which mean the following with one week to go:#

Champions

Yep, still Hearts! Their win moves them 23 points clear.

Promotion Playoffs

Queen of the South formally clinched 4th with their win over Dumbarton.

Rangers failure to beat Falkirk combined with HIbs victory hands the Edinburgh side the advantage going into the last week in the race for 2nd. However, Law's last minute equaliser for Rangers could yet be vital as it means if Rangers do beat Hearts next weekend Hibs will have to win too. Without that goal a draw would have been enough for Hibs.

Relegation and Playoffs

All to play for with a week to go. Cowdenbeath threatened a shock v Hearts but didn't get it. Alloa were well beaten at Hibs and Livingston did what they had to do at Raith to keep their hopes alive. With one week to go one point covers the three of them. Cowdenbeath are the one in control of their own destiny as they have the extra point. Variations are as follows:

Cowdenbeath win at Alloa - Cowden stay up, Alloa are relegated and Livingston will be in the playoffs regardless of what they do in their last game.

Alloa beat Cowdenbeath - Alloa finish above Cowdenbeath and their respective fates will depend on what Livi do against QoS. If Livi win then Cowden are relegated and Alloa in the playoffs. If Livi draw then Cowden are relegated but Livi would be in the playoffs. If Livi lose then they would be relegeated and Cowden would be in the playoffs.

Alloa and Cowdenbeath draw - Cowdenbeath finish above Alloa. Livingston finish above both with a win, finish above Alloa but below Cowdenbeath with a draw and finish below both if they lose.

Any advantage that Hibs gain from Falkirk being lackadaisical will be counteracted by Rangers visiting a Hearts side who've playing with a distinct lack of urgency since the league was sealed.

Hearts on the beach, Hibs in the play-offs...

Want to see Hearts pump Glibco though - would be a fitting end to a glorious season. Hibs will probably Hibs it anyway, either at Falkirk or against QotS.

Archived