Inverness CT - Transfer Thread Summer 2014

He wouldn't be going anywhere anyway unless a club makes an ''exceptional bid''. He is worth much more to the club as a player than a just a few hundred k and this alleged bid for him from Fleetwood is a laugh. These clubs think Scottish clubs are practically giving away their players for any cash, just because the transfer market up here by transfer fee is almost non existent.

The fact we're whoring about our star striker for peanuts probably hasn't helped that impression tbh

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of fees would ICT be looking for McKay and Shinnie?

Is there any prospect of them re-signing

I'd take 200k for Mckay and 500k for Shinnie. Neither will ever get that though. And no, neither will resign

Good to see The Real Thistle restoring the natural order with our summer spending spree over our northernly namesakes...

Hope ye go into admin :P

Good to see The Real Thistle restoring the natural order with our summer spending spree over our northernly namesakes...

Oh dear!! Sorry to read that.

I can't see what's good about it, strange thing to say.

I hope Partick can stay up with those new players, despite all that money spunked away.

Oh dear!! Sorry to read that.

I can't see what's good about it, strange thing to say.

I hope Partick can stay up with those new players, despite all that money spunked away.

Our bank busting two additions may mean financial meltdown but that is a risk I am willing to take for success on the pitch*

*I'd take 10th again right now.

Our bank busting two additions may mean financial meltdown but that is a risk I am willing to take for success on the pitch*

*I'd take 10th again right now.

Only 2?

Same as us, we didn't need to make any major signings since no regular 1st team player has left, but that might change if a team comes in with an exceptional offer for McKay. Signed two promising young players for the squad and hopefully the conveyer belt of great young players coming through continues.

I imagine if Frankfurt have actually put in a bid that he'll be heading off sooner rather than later. I guess it would take a bid of over £300k though.

Interesting to see if Hughes will be able to replace him with anyone of any quality. Would be surprised if anyone near Mckay's standard would be willing to play for Yogi.

I imagine if Frankfurt have actually put in a bid that he'll be heading off sooner rather than later. I guess it would take a bid of over £300k though.

Interesting to see if Hughes will be able to replace him with anyone of any quality. Would be surprised if anyone near Mckay's standard would be willing to play for Yogi.

Would he be more value to the club by staying scoring goals for us and then leaving for nothing or take lets say a fee between £300k and £500k and then its a gamble on who we replace him with?.

No chat here....Radio Scotland opened the show tonight with the news that Eintracht Frankfurt have bid for Billy McKay

I didn't hear that but if true another facts fail by who ever. The supposed bid was from FSV Frankfurt a small club that have made their way up to the dizzy heights of 2. Bundesliga and are expected to struggle in that league, an equivalent of signing for the German version of Fleetwood.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/frankfurt-join-hunt-inverness-caley-4043624

Would he be more value to the club by staying scoring goals for us and then leaving for nothing or take lets say a fee between £300k and £500k and then its a gamble on who we replace him with?.

Probably depends on how they'd pay. Can't see us being able to turn down a lump sum of that magnitude, but if they plan on spreading payments over 12/24 months it would be easier to argue he's of more value staying, scoring 20+ and leaving on a free to conquer League 1. I presume Yogi wouldn't really have a say on whether he goes or not.

I didn't hear that but if true another facts fail by who ever. The supposed bid was from FSV Frankfurt a small club that have made their way up to the dizzy heights of 2. Bundesliga and are expected to struggle in that league, an equivalent of signing for the German version of Fleetwood.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/frankfurt-join-hunt-inverness-caley-4043624

Don't really think the fact that it was Fleetwood had any major impact on turning the bid down. Just the fact that it was a disgustingly low offer. If they had come in with the £200k figure being talked about now, he probably would've gone.

Hardly surprising he is a class act, and superior to Billy Mckay who blows hot and cold.

Hardly surprising he is a class act, and superior to Billy Mckay who blows hot and cold.

I don't think McKay's lack of goals is down to him, since Hughes has taken over he has been left isolated very often and doesn't get the service mainly due to the style of play we now use, not his fault especially if he's being marked all the time by two or three defenders everytime the ball goes up to him and he's too small and lacks strength against two or three bigger defenders when the ball is punted up to him in the air. I've seen McKay drop deeper looking for the ball when frustrated he's getting no service, then told to stay up. Christie is a different player entirely who will drop back and help defend as well as get up and attack. McKay would be out of position if he did that. Both players work very hard for the team and I have yet to see either let the side down. But I don't think our style of play brings out our strengths in attack we do have, works for the defence and central midfield but goals win you games.

Mckay dropped back on a number of ocassions against Dundee to help out. Unfortunately our slower style of play has meant teams get back behind the ball in numbers before we've crossed the half wat line a lot of the time. Mckay often finds little space to work in once this happens. Christie seems to be an excellent player to try and unpick a defence but even he needs a bit of space to operate in or play the ball into. We aren't getting that as much under Hughes.

Mckay dropped back on a number of ocassions against Dundee to help out. Unfortunately our slower style of play has meant teams get back behind the ball in numbers before we've crossed the half wat line a lot of the time. Mckay often finds little space to work in once this happens. Christie seems to be an excellent player to try and unpick a defence but even he needs a bit of space to operate in or play the ball into. We aren't getting that as much under Hughes.

Agree, and if McKay is given the service he will score goals. Christie is more likely to create his own opportunities, but given we are playing to far back he will be limited in getting the break due to as you say we give the other team to much time to get back. Some nice little one twos involving Christie against Dundee but too often crowded out.

Archived