AC/DC - no more?

Ray Vaughn

It wasn't the best in the West Stand either. I expected that for a stadium gig though as you get loads of folk just going for the event rather than being actual fans.The folk roundabout us were all singing along so it was fine.The amount of folk watching the entire gig through their phone is mental though.

The sound was fine where i was though.A few bits of feedback but nothing major.

AC/DC were brilliant though.

Hampden transport links to make it back to anywhere outside Glasgow on a Sunday night are shambolic though. Glad we drove.

I picked up folk in Dunfermilne and Whitburn. I live in Edinburgh. I wanted to train it so I could have a drink. No chance of using public transport. That should be a consideration.

For this moment alone I envy you! Would loved to have taken my wee lass but at 5 think she's maybe still a bit wee. Don't think ACDC will be back on these shores again to get the opportunity tbh :(

It was my 4th time seeing them so I didn't mind driving there and getting seated tickets just so she could go. She still said One Direction were better when she went to see them in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago! I suppose it's not cool to admit you love the same music as your Dad when you're 10!

Judging by the energy Angus and Brian had last night, I think they may well just have one more tour left in them. Hopefully in 5 years time so you can take your daughter! :-)

If I had any criticism, it was the fact that Angus didn't venture out among the crowd as much as the Black Ice gig, and his hydraulic podium was too near the stage for my liking - I preferred it when it was out in the crowd.

Thought this aswell but it's understandable due to their age. Sticking to the stage keeps stamina up. Brian did a full on sprint last time to grab the hells bell.

Thought this aswell but it's understandable due to their age. Sticking to the stage keeps stamina up. Brian did a full on sprint last time to grab the hells bell.

Ach, it's just that seen him so many times since my twenties that I still expect him to do what he did back then. He was much more active at Black Ice, but I suppose when I get to 60, I'll be much slower than Angus.

It never ceases to amaze me that he can get his lead guitar riffs to stand out amongst all the noise, the explosions and the other guitars. I could pick out every note he played. He even made a boo boo on Let there be Rock when he was one fret too low on the 1st/E string-but one bum note is OK!

I remember the bell stunt too. Brilliant.

I thought the sound wasn't as good as 2009 but it was still a brilliant night. Had to get seated tickets this time round but it was worth it so my 10 year old daughter could go and experience one of the world's greatest bands! Belting out Highway To Hell with her was a moment I'll always treasure! :-)

I was there with ThirdRock Junior, who's loved them since he was two. Both of us in our cloth caps as well.

ThirdRock Junior is 25 and has seen them many times as well. It's testament to the band that young and not so young were at the gig, and that they've made so many generations of fans happy over the years.

What a fucking gig that was! First time seeing ACDC and they did not disappoint. Sounded fantastic from the pitch and at 6'2" the view was pretty good too.

Only black mark for the night went to Scotrail who kept us on a packed train at Central Station for 45mins before making the 10-minute journey to Mount Florida.

I was in stand, two knee replacements are not conducive to standing on a pitch going fckn mental. Atmosphere was brilliant, sound was a bit dodgy but an absolutely brilliant show.

I introduced my 17 year old daughter to them last night and she is now smitten with them.

Hopefully they will have one more tour in them.

Did anyone else notice the old baldy guy in the tight shorts down near the south west corner of the stadium (near the underground tunnel)?

He was headbanging and Angusing all night. Fair play to the guy, but he must be in fucking agony today..

Loving some of the photos and videos that are popping up on Facebook now. It was a really great night. If I never go to another gig ever again, at least I know my last one would have been hard to top.

Did anyone else notice the old baldy guy in the tight shorts down near the south west corner of the stadium (near the underground tunnel)?

He was headbanging and Angusing all night. Fair play to the guy, but he must be in fucking agony today..

Loving some of the photos and videos that are popping up on Facebook now. It was a really great night. If I never go to another gig ever again, at least I know my last one would have been hard to top.

Yup - saw him - brilliant! :lol:

Also saw one lassie getting her tits out for the big screens. :wub:

AC/DC were fantastic - amazing energy levels, especially from Angus and Brian.

Special mention for the support band, Vintage Trouble, who were magic, and got the crowd right up for it. 8)

f**k me, those cannons were loud! :lol:

Fair play to Vintage Trouble. Not my cup of tea and thought they were pretty dire when they first took to the stage, but they gave 100% and by the end everyone was going mental. The singer seems to be an excellent showman.

Also on AC/DC, I know Brian and Angus are the main guys, but the other three should have gotten recognition aswell instead of just standing (or sitting) back and letting the other two have all the fun. I would have been bored as hell standing on the same spot for two hours playing away, especially when you are in a huge rock band.

Edited by IainMorton

Yeah, that's why I was thinking it's probably more of a choice thing. Not sure I could be arsed running about as much as Angus or Brian do!

Angus was soaking with sweat about three songs in. No surprise when you think of all those stage lights that were up there!

You cant fault AC/DC for the show they put on, especially at their age! One of the few bands that manage to sound better live than on record IMO.

Only complaint I had was the layout at Hampden. That was the first gig I had ever been to there - is it always set up with the stage in front of the North stand? I thought the whole fucking point of having the ridiculous open spaces behind each goal was to set up stages there, meaning the capacity would be a lot higher.

You cant fault AC/DC for the show they put on, especially at their age! One of the few bands that manage to sound better live than on record IMO.

Only complaint I had was the layout at Hampden. That was the first gig I had ever been to there - is it always set up with the stage in front of the North stand? I thought the whole fucking point of having the ridiculous open spaces behind each goal was to set up stages there, meaning the capacity would be a lot higher.

Haven't seen anyone else at Hampden but I believe that other acts have utilised the area behind the goals.

I think the sole purpose of the huge space behind the goals was that the Stadium Planners hadn't a fucking clue. They should have brought the Terraces closer to the pitch IMO. Would increase the atmosphere at sporting events.

I saw AC/DC there the last time and The Eagles and the stage was set up there both times. Don't know why they do it that way but it was far enough away standing just in from the back this way than it would be the whole length of the pitch. Can't they just do 10 nights at the Barrowlands??

Can't they just do 10 nights at the Barrowlands??

We were talking about exactly this on the way home from Hampden the other night - mainly because, let's be honest - stadium gigs suck ass long time.

The answer, of course is no, because doing one gig to 60,000 people maximises profit by keeping costs down, and ticket prices high.

It's all very corporate, and it's a shame, but it's all about the profit at the bottom line of the balance sheet.