AC/DC - no more?

Ray Vaughn

Meeting offspring in Sir John Moore early doors to get warmed up. Seen them every tour since 1979 with Bon ScottB)

Meeting offspring at Glasgow Airport tonight at half ten. The warm up starts tonight. He's flying up from Reading to go. Paid £150 for a pitch ticket this week so he did.

Dedication.

By coincidence his nickname is Noodlez as he looks like the guitarist from the Offspring.

Bon wrote the lyrics right up to and including Back in Black*

This was a major loss to the overall quality of the band, imo.

I still really like a lot of the post-Bon era releases but there was something missing lyrically.

*supposedly Bon was always writing and had screeds of ideas jotted down. When his mum got his belongings back it surmounted to a shoebox full of knick-knacks.

#conspiracy

What a visionary Bon must have been if he wrote an album which was the return of AC/DC AFTER he died!

I guess he must have foreseen his wee boozing session would make him become a Rock Icon!

Meeting offspring at Glasgow Airport tonight at half ten. The warm up starts tonight. He's flying up from Reading to go. Paid £150 for a pitch ticket this week so he did.

Dedication.

By coincidence his nickname is Noodlez as he looks like the guitarist from the Offspring.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the last. Or certainly the last tour for a long while.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the last. Or certainly the last tour for a long while.

Pretty sure this could be the last tour, but I would expect a couple of albums before they all call a day. And another DVD probably.

Wouldn't expect another world tour, ffs. Some of them are Pensioners already, and the touring must surely knock hell out of their bodies.

Pretty sure this could be the last tour, but I would expect a couple of albums before they all call a day. And another DVD probably.

Wouldn't expect another world tour, ffs. Some of them are Pensioners already, and the touring must surely knock hell out of their bodies.

We deserve their suffering as we have been loyal fans for decades B)

Is it gonny stay dry up there?

We deserve their suffering as we have been loyal fans for decades B)

Is it gonny stay dry up there?

According to BBCweather, dry some of the day, but light rain some of the evening.

Who gives a f**k about the weather?

ETA, it'll be hotter thanHell at Hampden!!!

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

Pretty amazing gig. Agree with the sound, and yet again Glasgow people do us proud by spending all day getting wrecked at the bar then try to barge their way to the front 5 minutes before the main act come on. f**k off and arrive early like everyone else if you wanna get to the front. I was standing next to a big Geordie guy who was telling everyone who tried to squeeze past him to f**k off.

I thought the sound wasn't as good as 2009 but it was still a brilliant night. Had to get seated tickets this time round but it was worth it so my 10 year old daughter could go and experience one of the world's greatest bands! Belting out Highway To Hell with her was a moment I'll always treasure! :-)

Show was fantastic and the stamina of these guys at 60 plus is phenomenal.

It's a shame though about the sound, Up in the top tier of the south stand, Brian Johnson and Angus sounded great when the overwhelming distortion didn't drown them out.

Watched a few videos from the floor and it sounds great. Should've tried harder for standing tickets..

I was standing and it was class - total carnage in some areas. Place went ballistic for You Shook Me All Night Long. Hells Bells was superb...I couldn't see for half the gig (never seen a gig with so many really tall people?!) but it was still quality. Angus is just magnificent.

Was an excellent gig. On the pitch was mad in places.

Heard some people moaning about a lack of atmosphere in the seated areas, and one tosser beside me was on Facebook all through the gig.

The sound was fine on the pitch, but the view was limited near the back because of the giants that stood in front of me. By giants I mean anyone over 5 feet 8.

If I had any criticism, it was the fact that Angus didn't venture out among the crowd as much as the Black Ice gig, and his hydraulic podium was too near the stage for my liking - I preferred it when it was out in the crowd.

Otherwise it was a great night.

Loved it what a show. As others said sound was not great but it was LOUD. Bands half their age do 50 mins and never return.

Luckily I was driving so I did not pay £5 for pissy wee bottles of lager. What a night.

Heard some people moaning about a lack of atmosphere in the seated areas, and one tosser beside me was on Facebook all through the gig.

It wasn't the best in the West Stand either. I expected that for a stadium gig though as you get loads of folk just going for the event rather than being actual fans.The folk roundabout us were all singing along so it was fine.The amount of folk watching the entire gig through their phone is mental though.

The sound was fine where i was though.A few bits of feedback but nothing major.

AC/DC were brilliant though.

Hampden transport links to make it back to anywhere outside Glasgow on a Sunday night are shambolic though. Glad we drove.