AC/DC - no more?

Ray Vaughn

Whole Rock or bust album is available to stream on itunes for free atm.

Apart from the second song being almost exactly same as anything goes from Black ice. There are some great songs in here.

More rocky that Black ice and Angus goes for it more on the solos. Stevie young slots in well.

Bryan continues same style of singing as last album but gets a wee bit repetitive with certain lyrics.

Miss Adventure, Dogs of war are favourites so far.

I am going to listen to this after the football. I think this is their shortest album, anyone think this is their final one? I'm hoping it's decent! :)

I would expect this to be the last one. Brians voice is similar to black ice but is straining and considering they put out an album every 5 years or so then he'll be 72 and angus 64.

Its certainly not back in black but its a great effort from guys their age. Guitar work is impressive at times.

It's a decent album , not as good as Black Ice, probably about the same level as Stiff Upper Lip, in all honesty I'm not sure it was ever going to be a classic given the circumstances around it, agree it will probably be the last one although I thought the same about Black Ice so never say never,

making a point of seeing them on this tour,most likely that will be the last one as well

• 4 weeks later...
It's a decent album , not as good as Black Ice, probably about the same level as Stiff Upper Lip, in all honesty I'm not sure it was ever going to be a classic given the circumstances around it, agree it will probably be the last one although I thought the same about Black Ice so never say never,

making a point of seeing them on this tour,most likely that will be the last one as well

I hate Hampden so i wont be going to see them, seen them there last time

Was in the seating last time at Hampden but going to be standing this time. Cannae wait.

I had a spare ticket which took less than 10 minutes to find a home! Ride On!

How were the seats last time for sound? We are in south stand basically front facing to stage.

Edited by PrestersKTID

• 5 weeks later...

Highway to Hell is AC/DC's best album - ain't no doubt about it.

High Voltage IMO.

Powerage.

All the Bon stuff is pretty bloody brilliant.

The Johnson stuff is good but dipped a bit in the 80s/ 90s.

Last couple were good but not heard the latest one.

Powerage.

All the Bon stuff is pretty bloody brilliant.

The Johnson stuff is good but dipped a bit in the 80s/ 90s.

Last couple were good but not heard the latest one.

Agreed. Every album with Bon was total quality. ..10/10.

Every album since has been second rate fodder.

Pretty sure they'll do plenty rehearsal - I'm sure he'll do alright.

Heard this said a lot, and Brian Johnson criticised for these albums. Don't think it's fair criticism though as he doesn't write the music.

Bon wrote the lyrics right up to and including Back in Black*

This was a major loss to the overall quality of the band, imo.

I still really like a lot of the post-Bon era releases but there was something missing lyrically.

*supposedly Bon was always writing and had screeds of ideas jotted down. When his mum got his belongings back it surmounted to a shoebox full of knick-knacks.

#conspiracy

if slade returns i'm a bit skeptical as i said earlier he's 68 and even though AC/DC's drums are pretty repetitive its a lot of work to tour at that age.

Mind you, he's played live all through his 60s so I think he'll do alright. He's a tough old cookie.