It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Pride of Lanarkshire

On 9/22/2018 at 13:20, JamieT1314 said:

In the third episode the waiter guy refers to moving to minnesota and serving them at the super bowl. Have i missed an episode, i dont remember that.

It would appear all will be revealed next week. Not been a great fan of this series apart from the #metoo episode, this week's Home Alone schtick grew old pretty quickly

• 2 months later...

Finished it last night. Not understanding the negative feedback tbh. It wasn't an outstanding season but there is still a lot of comedy and quality in there. I still don't feel they've jumped the shark yet but I expect they won't make another after 14. The flashback episode was even done in their own style.

I thought the only poor episode was the plane one. The show depends on all the characters and although I love Dee and all the cameo females, they aren't strong enough to carry an episode by themselves.

I still can't decide about the final scene. It was incredibly well done and quite a moving piece. But the fact there wasn't a gag in there has throw me a bit as it really wasn't a Sunny in Philly thing at all.

My biggest disappointment/fear is the lack of Dennis. He rarely featured if you look into it a bit more. I read his other show has been given the green light for season 2 so I think he will feature less often again next season. For me he's the leader of the group and without him (or any of them tbh) the show dies. I know Frank wasn't there in the beginning but without him the show wouldn't have got as far (literally).

I expect when discussions of a 15th season comes up Howerton will call it a day and the others will pack it in as well. I'll be truly gutted when it comes to an end. Without question my favourite sitcom of all time.

I understand the negative reviews as the season was a fair bit different from the past however, I disagree with them and thoroughly enjoyed the season, similar to @19QOS19the only episode I disliked was episode three for similar reasons. Episode four however was as good as any episode they've put out. The final episode is very non-IASIP however was a very powerful piece, that final shot of Frank and the visuals during the performance were immense. 

There's a 'feel' to the show that you just don't get with other TV shows and is (along side Peep Show) my go-to for when I can't find anything to watch. One of those that you never want to end but know it's coming and probably rightly so to go out on a high with their legacy still intact. 

Yeah I kept wondering about that too. Glenn Howerton looked quite gaunt as well. Danny De Vito will surely give up dyeing his hair in the next one. Charlie and Kaitlin seem to be essentially ageless.
Kaitlin looks to have had some work done (unfortunately). She may look worse for wear in the next season.

On 8/11/2018 at 01:22, J_Stewart said:

The Nightman Cometh is one of, if not, the greatest episode of a sitcom in television history. Charlie’s progressive rage is fantastic, and the live play itself is absolutely sensational. “Dayman (ahhhahaaaah) fighter of the Nightman (ahhhahaaaah) champion of the sun...” is one the greatest songs of all time. I’ve been singing it for days.

I am up to here.

I understand where people are coming from with the criticisms of some episodes in the new series, but with Time's Up and The Bathroom Problem they can clearly still make episodes as funny as ever.

Guest bernardblack
I am up to here.
I understand where people are coming from with the criticisms of some episodes in the new series, but with Time's Up and The Bathroom Problem they can clearly still make episodes as funny as ever.

I was laughing out loud at Frank in Time’s Up....which is something I rarely do watching tv/film

• 5 months later...

I've not long finished watching this through for the third time, but I'm seriously considering going for a fourth already - I've even watched the first episode again. It's my favourite series by an absolute mile and, although I haven't enjoyed recent seasons as much (the last was particularly sticky in places - particularly the pretty incongruous dance routine by Mac in the finale), it gets better and better the more I watch it. One bit I had forgotten about, which I lost it at during this watch-through, was when Dennis comes home from work in "Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs" to see that Mac has invited their pool repair guy to stay for dinner (forgive the horrendous editing of the clip, I couldn't find a "pure" one):

Edited by the_bully_wee