The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maggenis signs for Killie. Phew.

Thank Christ for that. Gareth Wardlaw contributed more to our cause with one vital goal up at Aberdeen than that useless big lump did in his time here.

Anyone that was there advise what formations were we using? Where were players playing? where the young guys playing?

Played 4 -4 - 2 for most of the game.

Naismith - McAusland - Mevjla- Plummer were our back four in the first half and it was Williams - McAusland - Mevjla - Yacub in the second.

Although it was lower league opposition, Plummer, Williams and Yacub all showed up very well.

Think we went 4-3-3 near the end.

Magennis never got a three year deal at Killie did he? Wow

I know, I found it hard to believe myself.

I thought Josh would have did well to find another club at this level... Maybe on a 1 year deal to prove himself but 3 years is fucking mental from Killie!!

Ah was wondering who their number 9 was!! Thought the trialist CH did quite well tonight. Would agree our squad is very vulnerable but hopefully TC is able to bring in another 3 players minimum.

No one played particularly well tonight but it's the first game so won't be too critical. Would hope Saturdays game is a bit more competitive, unfortunately I can't make it.

John Gemmell ex Dumbarton ,Stenny, and few others

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28373714

I'm glad he's happy here. Even if he's just making the right noises now that he is staying I agree that it's the best place for him to progress. If he keeps improving and playing like he did over the last few months of the season it can only be a great move for all parties.

"Another player who had been linked with a move away from St Mirren was John McGinn, with the 19-year-old a reported target for Sheffield United. The Blades signed McGinn's brother, Stephen, from the Buddies last summer."

This part made me laugh though. More fine BBC journalism :1eye

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28373714

I'm glad he's happy here. Even if he's just making the right noises now that he is staying I agree that it's the best place for him to progress. If he keeps improving and playing like he did over the last few months of the season it can only be a great move for all parties.

This part made me laugh though. More fine BBC journalism :1eye

Also, we didn't play Albion Rovers at the weekend.

Don't see him and Tidser doing well next season. Ball was barely in midfield, they're tactics were work if along the backline and hit the diagonals to the other fullback while one of Tidser or Newton would drop back.

Archived