Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

My first choice was Billy Reid, second choice Jim Duffy.

I'm happy. You all will be too in due course.

He has respect, experience, contacts, know how.

Just wait and see.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's hardly an inspired choice but surely staying full time and with the players they can attract Morton should easily be top 4 and more than likely challenging for the title?

Mind you, that hardly means they'll be sorted to be competitive again if they do go up.

What would the situation be if Morton never went straight back up? I know Rae has threatened part time before but would that be the reality? Were Morton full or part time last time in this league?

I know it's hardly an inspired choice but surely staying full time and with the players they can attract Morton should easily be top 4 and more than likely challenging for the title?

Mind you, that hardly means they'll be sorted to be competitive again if they do go up.

What would the situation be if Morton never went straight back up? I know Rae has threatened part time before but would that be the reality? Were Morton full or part time last time in this league?

Fairly sure we've been full time (or almost completely) since Rae took over.

Jim Duffy! f**k sake, how does he continue to get a job in Scottish football? He's one of those 'merry go round' type managers that we seem to have loads of and who inexplicably keep getting jobs despite being shite and doing f**k all. I genuinely feel sorry for Morton fans.

Also the sponsor on those tops above is fucking brutal. The 'Millions' bit is bad enough but the wee 'The Tiny Tasty Chewy Sweets' part is fucking abysmal.

Yeah it's always been there as far as I can recall. It really does seem lazy to me though, the chairman just uses our shirts for free/cheap advertising, instead of trying to find a proper sponsor. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. We could be missing out on potential income.

Yeah it's always been there as far as I can recall. It really does seem lazy to me though, the chairman just uses our shirts for free/cheap advertising, instead of trying to find a proper sponsor. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. We could be missing out on potential income.

He must be getting burst with it all by now. Maybe he'll be looking to f**k off soon?

Yeah, but Rae bankrolls* the club so he has the right to have whatever the f**k he likes as sponsor, even if it costs the club money.

*Loaning the club money and saddling it with a gigantic amount of debt definitely constitutes bankrolling

Archived