Greenock Morton 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with the 5 players being offered deals. Hopefully they accept although I wouldn't be surprised if imrie signs for a championship team. Really hope Campbell isn't going to be our main striker as I'm not totally convinced he can score 20 goals a season. Of the players released I'd maybe have taken a gamble on obrien although he's really struggled with injury this season. Duffy really needs to move quickly to get a squad together for the new season.

Nae chance there ! When he was with us, it was the Record's Gie's a Job website he used...........after he'd had his 2 week holiday and missed all the decent players. :rolleyes:

FFS i thought Clyde fans were hard to please

Not sure why you'd think that - you're complete no-marks in Scottish football, and probably clapped like seals when you finished bottom of the entire league setup.

Duffy will have to get out of the glorified social club mentality of the likes of Brechin and Clyde if he's ever to be taken seriously in his new job. Though as an ex-player, he already knows this.

Not sure why you'd think that - you're complete no-marks in Scottish football, and probably clapped like seals when you finished bottom of the entire league setup.

Duffy will have to get out of the glorified social club mentality of the likes of Brechin and Clyde if he's ever to be taken seriously in his new job. Though as an ex-player, he already knows this.

Sorry i was forgetting about the long illustrious history of thr Famous Greenock Morton

Ah , the refreshing comments of yet another deluded big time Charlie who's team have somehow managed to freefall into the oblivion of the seaside leagues.

This season is going to be fun I see. :rolleyes:

Ah , the refreshing comments of yet another deluded big time Charlie who's team have somehow managed to freefall into the oblivion of the seaside leagues.

This season is going to be fun I see. :rolleyes:

At least you're not at all upset.

At least you're not at all upset.

Not at all.

Just forgot how wonderful it is to be in the company of such an illustrious club as Greenock Morton .

However, being in the same league, I don't think it's good practice to use us as your feeder club any more.

Wish some of you guys would wake up and smell the coffee!

We are a flagging first division club, accept that.

Jim Duffy will be a stabilising influence, will ensure we add a bit of steel to the team, has a personal affection for Morton, will work his guts out to succeed and WILL be good for us. Get behind him and start to appreciate his many assets.

His discussion on Radio Clyde is always sensible and every day language unlike Kenny's psychobabble. The players will understand him and will be in no doubt what is expected of them. Duffy will bring in the right players and will get them playing for him.

I am very excited about the new season and can only see an upward curve ahead.

If Duffy had been appointed when he applied many years ago we would be in a far superior position today.

Mr Rae should be given credit for now realising he made a mistake and being man enough to rectify it.

He also deserves great appreciation for continuing to bank roll full time football in the 3rd tier.

I can only see positives and give me Jim Duffy over for example Stephen Aitken any day if the week.

'mon the 'ton.

Something happen to Duffy since his days at the Glebe?

Cause everything you say was the converse to what we experienced; 'the working his guts out' particularly made me laugh. He could nae even be arsed getting players in, he just bought the Record. which also demonstrates the kind of players we ended up with.

:lol:

And selling them to Morton for stupid money ! 8)

I was about to retort that Jim McInally isn't the manager anymore so we have a vastly superior transfer policy now. Then I remembered that we appointed Jim Duffy. :(

Kenny McKay to Morton from Annan.

I was told this by an Annan fan 3 weeks ago, but just assumed it was a rumour. He described him as an absolute flying machine, strong and can't half find the net.

Hope he's right.

I'd be delighted if McKay signed for us. Scoring goals was a huge problem for us last season and I'd be hopeful that he could address that. Also rumoured that we are signing Sean Crichton. From Elgin.

We had problems scoring goals at a higher standard of football - I'm not convinced why we should be placing our stake on a player who scored 13 in 26 games at an even lower level in the last campaign.

Crighton would be an entirely, 100% sheer depression-causing development.

Archived