Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doolan is probably edging into my all time favourite Thistle team, which considering I'd have given him a free transfer in May 2010 is quite the comeback. Delighted he's signed on til 2016. If we could get Higgy's deal extended as well that would be tremendous.

As much as I'll miss the Edinburgh trips, the league really has opened up for us now.

I'd imagine we'll finish below Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell and St Johnstone next season but I see no reason why we can't try and push for sixth place. It was so tight with everyone in the bottom six, and Caley have fallen away, so really that should be our aim.

Wouldn't mind adding Cairney or Craig to the squad potentially. I think they probably have a few decent players that are being brought down by the rest of the dross and the general negativity of the club. Fitness/Illness is the issue with Cairney, but he's definitely got the talent.

Would be happy with Callum Booth as our new left back as well.

Every team in the bottom 6 that survived will fancy their chances of pushing on now with a few decent signings.

I'd really like us to sign Cairney, he showed in the right system in McNamara's first season he can be excellent. STV had some article which had him as being in the top 10 in the league for assists based on minutes spent on the pitch or something like that.

Agree with others in that we'll have an excellent chance of cementing ourselves in the league next season. Having no Edinburgh games is a bit of a downer but a 20 minute train journey to Hamilton is handy.

Sheffield Utd manager basically saying Lyle isn't wanted so we should really push to get him, Hibs missed out on getting one of their strikers back and look where they are ;)

Don't agree with getting Cairney back though, couldn't break into a sh*t Hibs team and I think we could get better. Suppose I wouldn't mind him as a squad player but not a priority imo.

I'm sure Archie's been looking at Ziggy Gordon from Accies as a replacement for Sincy. He was good today but now they're up it's down to him wether he stays or goes, although I'm sure we could offer better wages.

I'm sure Archie's been looking at Ziggy Gordon from Accies as a replacement for Sincy. He was good today but now they're up it's down to him wether he stays or goes, although I'm sure we could offer better wages.

Gordon signed a new 2 year deal with Accies in February - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hamilton-defenders-ziggy-gordon-michael-3187392

Ziggy Gordon looked a very steady player but I don't want us signing a right footed left back. Just restricts all our width, and not as if McMillan overlaps much on the other side as it is.

ATS's overlaps helped create a lot of space for Higgy as well. NO RIGHT FOOTED LEFT BACKS PLZ.

Archie was watching Accies a couple of times during the season but to be honest I don't see us signing anyone from them now they're up.

If we're looking at Championship left backs then Booth suits our style of play, I like Holt at Queen of South too but I don't think he's out of contract.

I'd take Cairney back. Hibs destroy players so I wouldn't read into it too much that he can't get into their team.

If can get the defence sorted, bring in Taylor and perhaps Osbourne I think we can push up the table.

if we were after a player who done well at us in the second tier and has struggled to make it consistently in the top tier, I'd be keen to monitor Mr Harkins' situation at Paisley ahead of either Erskine or Cairney, though with a change in manager he might get a fresh start there. Had a really good second half of the season at Oldham.

We've really been spoiled with left backs over the years I've been going- McVicar, Pittman, Archie, Twaddle, ATS, Des McKeown even Paddy Boyle had a player of the year winning season in a shite team.

^^^

Boab McCulloch,

I hope to f**k we don't go with McMillan at LB. A good RB but shit at LB.

Schoolboy on my part to forget the big man.

I've no doubt we'll sign a proper left back, McMillan toiled there in the two games ATS missed.

Archived