Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamilton is convenient but ultimately a poor away day. However like POTM said I'd feel alot more confident of surviving next season if Hamilton came up.

So it's Hamilton or Hibs. I think I'd rather Hamilton came up, Hibs are a shambles just now but Butcher could somehow turn them around once they get rid of half the dross.

Agreed, much as Hibs are a total comedy roadshow at the moment, I think they'll actually be OK next year if they stay up, they'll be almost an entirely new team probably with Butcher trying to replicate his ICT recruitment policy.

Hamilton should probably have a bit of coin to spend with the McCarthy money and won't be any pushovers- haven't seem them this season but by most accounts the Billy Reid shitfesting has been abandoned. I think the current squad would struggle if it came up, but with the money they should be able to strengthen.

I don't mind NDP or a Hamilton away day in general as much as a lot of other folk, it's pretty handy for me on the train and Bar West is a good wee boozer, but Hibs away will easily be the best away day in the league next year.

I'd take Hamilton up for the lols @ Hibs though.

They paid about 125k apparently. Found it weird that they would bring in another striker from the same division with a worse goal scoring record than Taylor, be interesting to see if it works out for him. McNulty is only 21 though and there's an ex-livi player at Sheffield already, so he'll probably settle in well.

Good news for us though, can't imagine they'll want to keep on Taylor when they have an abundance of strikers.

I'm sure Archie has said we're putting a bid in for him

Archie said we were trying to get him back on loan for the whole of next season. He cost Und £250,000 has a year of his contract to run with the option of another year and is on £2500 a week (according to Blades fans) so he is way out our league to sign him outright. Agree that it's strange Und are signing another young striker, when they haven't really given Taylor a chance but if Und fans are correct, they are saying Clough doesn't fancy him, so looks like a loan move again or further down the pecking order at the Blades. Whats the chances McNamara will scoop him up for next season?? Pretty high I reckon!

The launch date for the new kits is the 1st of July,

such a long wait

That's shite. If it was a different manufacturer I'd understand. At least do it before the World Cup. Something to get excited about.

Fucking Joma.

That's shite. If it was a different manufacturer I'd understand. At least do it before the World Cup. Something to get excited about.

Fucking Joma.

Pretty stupid as all the kids will be wanting various countries World Cup strips while it's on. Why in Gods name does it always take so long for Thistle to get their strips on the market?

Pretty stupid as all the kids will be wanting various countries World Cup strips while it's on. Why in Gods name does it always take so long for Thistle to get their strips on the market?

Because off the park, they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. Amateurs!

Archie said we were trying to get him back on loan for the whole of next season. He cost Und £250,000 has a year of his contract to run with the option of another year and is on £2500 a week (according to Blades fans) so he is way out our league to sign him outright. Agree that it's strange Und are signing another young striker, when they haven't really given Taylor a chance but if Und fans are correct, they are saying Clough doesn't fancy him, so looks like a loan move again or further down the pecking order at the Blades. Whats the chances McNamara will scoop him up for next season?? Pretty high I reckon!

If he's not in their managers plans surely they'd rather get a transfer fee for him and free up wages rather than wait until his contract runs out. Wouldn't be surprised with a loan move though or for McNamara to slink in for him

Archived