Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

I'd say Basalaj is a better prospect but going by reports from Dunfermline fans and others that have seen him, Scully has improved. If he's improved on his command of the area and distribution then I have no qualms about him being 3rd choice at least.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For reference there is a federation meeting at firhill tomorrow night regarding the club moving the singing section.

Attending, David Beattie, Ian Maxwell and Lance Gilmour. North stand, Jags Trust and many Supporters Bus Reps.

It is hoped that the club will acknowledge the objections to the move, the petition with 700+ signatures and the poll from WAT suggesting a potential boycott of 50% of season ticket renewals, should they continue down this path.

Many people across our fan base have made their opinions known, and the vast majority support us to remain in the North Stand.

I hope that an agreement will be reached that will allow the club to launch Season Ticket renewals, as as it stands, due to their own actions, they have had to delay the launch.

As a Partick Thistle fan I am emotionally tied to the Club, I only want what is best for Partick Thistle and it's fans. To move the singing section into the main stand and give away support permanent residence behind the goal is not the best course of action for The Club, the team or the fans.

All the best to your journeyman physio Kenny Crichton who left the Jags this week to open up a gym/physio clinic at Park Circus. His experience is bound to be missed.

Will he also follow Jackie Mac up the road to the Arabs?

Archie aiming for about 6 new signings, with a centre-back being a priority. He emphasised that he wants him to be British instead of looking at foreign trialists again, as he needs him to be a good talker, probably someone vocal who can command the defence. Also mentioned getting Taylor again and said if a deal can be made with United then he would take Erskine back.

Osbourne said at the POTY he wanted to go back down south again and shouldn't be here next season. Lawless said what I was told about Hamilton was rubbish but I don't think he's telling the truth.

"His reasoning for leaving Thistle is due to the fact he has 2 kids that have just started school, and wants to spend more time with them than footballers, which is entirely fair and justified. "

If that were correct it would be entirely fair and justified SLJ. I seem to have touched a nerve here. Carrying on your point, if he wanted to spend more time with the kids, why would he wait until they started school? Surely he'd have 'left the club' while they were at home?

In any case, good luck to Kenny at his new gym. He is a top physio.

"His reasoning for leaving Thistle is due to the fact he has 2 kids that have just started school, and wants to spend more time with them than footballers, which is entirely fair and justified. "

If that were correct it would be entirely fair and justified SLJ. I seem to have touched a nerve here. Carrying on your point, if he wanted to spend more time with the kids, why would he wait until they started school? Surely he'd have 'left the club' while they were at home?

Not touched a nerve at all. I asked him at POTY why he was leaving and he cited family reasons - namely wanting to spend more time with his kids.

He's a top notch guy who is a brilliant physio and I wish him all the best with his future endeavours.

Archie aiming for about 6 new signings, with a centre-back being a priority. He emphasised that he wants him to be British instead of looking at foreign trialists again, as he needs him to be a good talker, probably someone vocal who can command the defence. Also mentioned getting Taylor again and said if a deal can be made with United then he would take Erskine back.

Real vote of confidence for Piccolo!

I suspect Lawless has been offered a contract on not much better terms than his first division contract, which we are obliged to do if we want compensation if another Scottish team signs him.

I suspect Lawless has been offered a contract on not much better terms than his first division contract, which we are obliged to do if we want compensation if another Scottish team signs him.

Piccolo will be lucky if he's still here by pre-season.

Bit obvious that the kids will be at home weekends, now they're at school. Leaving Thistle gives him more time then. Or am I missing the point?

I see what you mean but I don't think it's a dig at Piccolo (not on purpose anyway). We deffinatly do need someone at the back who's vocal and can rally the defense, and preferably they're English speaking so we don't have someone like Piccolo who needed a while to adjust here.

Archived