Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

The optimism around the club less than a week ago now seems a complete age away. We've completely battered that optimism with a move that, even after a public statement, still makes little business or practical sense, and that only serves to piss off a huge chunk of the fans to the extent that many have committed themselves to either cancelling their season tickets or not turning up at all. Quite simply a spiffing way to start the new season.

I don't think it's the decision alone that's pissed people off, but just as equally the realisation that this board, who many would have spoken quite enthusiastically about in the past year even given the odd Celtic-pandering hiccup, are just as much of a bunch of b*****ds as previous regimes in that even the most active fans are being treated with contempt. That's why I don't think there's any overreaction from fans here to what they would say is just a change of seating plan.

We're going to get relegated, Firhill is going to go back to the soulless graveyard it was three years ago, we're going to drive away the 1500-2000 fans who we seem to have attracted in the last year away from the club, and we're going to f**k up yet another massive chance of establishing ourselves as a top flight club.

Sack the board.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The optimism around the club less than a week ago now seems a complete age away. We've completely battered that optimism with a move that, even after a public statement, still makes little business or practical sense, and that only serves to piss off a huge chunk of the fans to the extent that many have committed themselves to either cancelling their season tickets or not turning up at all. Quite simply a spiffing way to start the new season.

It's amazing that instead of capitalizing on the feel good factor around the club and the increased support, the board have somehow managed to install a doom and gloom feel, alienate a section of the support and drive us into actually boycotting season tickets. What a F*cking shambles they are.

Good for you.

What for? Giving my opinion on the matter?

I would hope we were given a believable excuse on it but the move is going to happen by the looks of it.

If you want to withhold your money then that's up to you but I wish you wouldn't.

based on expected away support next season, limiting the disruption of home fans and safety concerns for big fixtures.

Out of interest how many times did away fans in the main stand outnumber the home fans in the NS this season? If there's any safety concerns (assuming Thistle have a big support vs Celtic as well) on the main stand then why is it being used at all?

ETA:

We know it isn’t ideal, but hope that you recognise this as the only real course of action at this time.

Why is it impossible for the status quo again?

I would hope we were given a believable excuse on it but the move is going to happen by the looks of it.

If you want to withhold your money then that's up to you but I wish you wouldn't.

That's unfortunately the only way the board will understand the way people feel about this. There's absolutely no point in complaining about it to a club that blatantly just ignores letters and emails and then just paying your money anyway.

Sorry mate, just ain't going to be treated this way any longer.

I'm a 4th generation supporter and my own offspring take that to 5. I've been a regular since the late 60's and a season ticket holder for most of that time.

To me, this is the last straw. As stated in an earlier post I was waiting for the 'police advice' catch-all excuse and whilst I know it would have been a lie I might have reconsidered over time.

Not this though, I'm worth at least as much as a Celtic or Sevco supporter.

You want to support the board, that's up to you.

What a cop out that statement is. Claiming to have explored all the options as well, they clearly haven't as it's taken fans on here and on WAT about a minute to come up with better solutions. Chris jack is a fud but I'm pretty sure everyone knew that anyway. The bit about Archie is embarrassing, he wants home fans behind him so well stick them in a bit of a stand that isn't behind him, brilliant.

My regulars always sit in the same place in my restaurant. We do get passing trade although everyones happy at that as well. Only once or twice a year do we get hooligans who cant behave and much to the annoyance of my regular customers I've had to move them to accomodate these thugs.

Why not just bar these idiots I hear you say? Money, my eating place is a business. And anyway I've got a far better idea.

I'm going to permanently move my customers, without their consent, just in case these animals come back :1eye . And I'm going to do it just a day before promoting my loyalty card.

That ought to do it.

That statement on the OS is utter horseshit. The board are positively salivating at the prospect of those scumbags in blue coming up. Shows a lack of respect for other clubs by presuming that they will win the championship. Bunch of spineless Old Firm arse licking p***ks. And even trying to lick Jags fans arse as well as shafting the arse at the same time. Sycophantic fuckwits. Next season could be turgid.

Has anyone on the fans' side sent a media release to Keith Jackson about this?

I hear QLP is available as an open letter writer for hire?

As an outsider looking in, this whole thing just seems utterly bizarre. Even more bizarre than our managerial appointment. You guys had a great first season and were a fine addition to the league, why would your board shoot themselves in the foot like this or did they just underestimate the strength of feeling from the fans on this issue?

I hear QLP is available as an open letter writer for hire?

As an outsider looking in, this whole thing just seems utterly bizarre. Even more bizarre than our managerial appointment. You guys had a great first season and were a fine addition to the league, why would your board shoot themselves in the foot like this or did they just underestimate the strength of feeling from the fans on this issue?

Haha pass on that. :P

Hard for them to underestimate it to be honest, there was quite a large anger about having to do it just for Celtic this season.

I'm mainly in the Jackie Husband for what it's worth but I remember before the NS fans you could hear a pin drop in the ground, truly awful atmosphere. Maxwell played for us in those times as well, just can't understand why he'd want to go back to that.

So from the Club's statement, the Thistle fans that currently sit in the North Stand are being moved without any consultation because 1 or 2 games per season causes unrest and unhappiness for them when they are asked to move temporarily to accommodate a large travelling support.

And also because the manager & coaches sitting in the dug-out feel they are at an away game because they can't hear any Thistle fans shouting from behind them. The masses of red and yellow sitting directly opposite in the Jackie Husband Stand and to the left in the North Stand are apparently invisible.

Really?

Ok, not playing devils advocate anymore, they are just being silly now. :1eye

Archived