Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

Someone asked Archie about Taylor and he said we're putting a bid in for him. Taylors also on sportscene tonight, should be interesting.

Edit: Jonathan Sutherland on twitter confirming the Taylor/sportscene thing btw

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archie said that Taylor hasn't been fully fit as he didn't have a proper pre-season with Sheffield.

He did well to get 7 goals from 16 starts. He could be worth 15+ with a full season here.

Archie said that Taylor hasn't been fully fit as he didn't have a proper pre-season with Sheffield.

He did well to get 7 goals from 16 starts. He could be worth 15+ with a full season here.

It's been a bloody novelty act for us to have two very good strikers on the books. Both are excellent either starting or coming off the bench. Will be a massive boost if we can get him signed up. He seems to love life at Firhill which of course helps!

It's been a bloody novelty act for us to have two very good strikers on the books. Both are excellent either starting or coming off the bench. Will be a massive boost if we can get him signed up. He seems to love life at Firhill which of course helps!

He seemed to be loving it during the pitch invasion yesterday. One of the last players off the pitch and continued signing shirts/taking pictures even when the stewards were taking him off, joined in with the 'Lyle Taylor' chants as well. Heard someone shout to him to come back to us and he said he will.

Archie said himself a massive factor in our favor is that he's loving his football up here, so here's hoping.

He seemed to be loving it during the pitch invasion yesterday. One of the last players off the pitch and continued signing shirts/taking pictures even when the stewards were taking him off, joined in with the 'Lyle Taylor' chants as well. Heard someone shout to him to come back to us and he said he will.

Archie said himself a massive factor in our favor is that he's loving his football up here, so here's hoping.

Pitch invasion was hilarious yesterday.. 2 boys jumping on from north stand, one completly ignored and one rugby tackled... then the flood gates opened and stewards stood aside except for the original guy getting rugby tackled again... at that point me and my young son calmly opened gate in JHS and took to the pitch... Great pics with the lads..

Pitch invasion was hilarious yesterday.. 2 boys jumping on from north stand, one completly ignored and one rugby tackled... then the flood gates opened and stewards stood aside except for the original guy getting rugby tackled again... at that point me and my young son calmly opened gate in JHS and took to the pitch... Great pics with the lads..

Watching those 2 was a good laugh. Higgy legged it straight away, obviously knows he would be mobbed. We should have an end of season pitch invasion every year, it's always a good laugh.

Also just an FYI, guy on facebook says there's to be a section in the Evening Times about the North Stand, good getting more coverage

I go into the North stand but even with this I will still be renewing my season ticket.

Beattie isn't going to budge on the matter so by renewing or not will mean whether or not Archie has a better budget for keeping guys like Taylor.

Good for you but despite making nowhere near a majority of home games in a season the club will lose my TWO season tickets for the coming season.

Despite all the good things to come out of Firhill recently the bottom line is that our board is and always will be a shower of lying duplicitous scumbags

had a deal with the wee lad that if he went on id be right behind him, i got taken out instantly, bit sore this morning but was a good laugh

Favourite memory of going on to the pitch was my pal pointing at the stand and saying "Oh look, there's the gremlin that lives here when there's no football on" Looked to where he was pointing and saw a short guy with a massive beard and really long grey hair all by his lonesome in the main stand.

Was pishing myself laughing, but it may be a "had to be there/had to be mildly inebriated" moment to properly enjoy.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/partick-thistle-football-club-keep-the-north-stand-red-and-yellow#share

Not normally a petition sort of guy, but I signed this one. Hopefully we can get a decent number on it - 224 currently.

Don't do petitions, subject to too many imponderables but I will withhold two season tickets unless this decision is reversed and I don't care what their justification might be.

Myself and fellow north Stand representative Ian Mac (WAT user name) received a text on Thursday afternoon from Ian Maxwell, the club's Managing Director, asking us to attend a meeting for half an hour, before the game on Saturday. No information was provided regarding the nature of the meeting, purely that it was "to discuss next season".

Attending the meeting were Ian Maxwell, myself & Ian Mac. Lance Gilmour, Partick Thistle's Matchday Operations Director joined for the last 10 minutes.

We were advised that the club wants to progress, and to allow the club to progress, one thing that would be required, would be to move the NS singing section to the main stand permanently. A couple of other reasons were given, which quite frankly I don't have the balls to repeat for fear of making the club look even more ridiculous than the afore mentioned reason makes them look.

Ian Mac and I were quite vocal in our dismay and objection, raising concerns that this could have major repercussions for the club both in perception and financially. We provided alternative solutions, but it fell on deaf ears, this was not a chance for us to discuss or alter a decision.

As mentioned early, lance attended with ten minutes to go, but served only to repeat verbatim, what Ian Maxwell had told us, the synic in me would suggest they were well prepared and if I had looked on the wall behind me I'd have probably seen a script. It's a pity they didn't offer us the same courtesy of being able to prepare.

Partick Thistle still have not shown the fans the courtesy of making an official statement on this, they have put all the weight on two fans shoulders.

What does the future hold if the club ignore the fans? In my opinion they have played a blinder here, without a doubt discussions have been ongoing about this for quite some time, this wasn't just thought up on Thursday morning, they deliberately chose to wait until 45 minutes before kick off on the last game of the season, knowing that fans would not be meeting up face to face for 2 months and that season tickets will be launched tomorrow.

They can counter that they have stated nothing officially, that the only reason this is in the public domain is because of Ian and I. That shows the respect they have for Ian and I, that they would chose to burden us with this information and leave it down to us to keep this quiet. It's worth noting that at no point were we told to keep this information to ourselves for a period of time.

Ian Mac and I offered to, but once in the ground, it was difficult to hide the emotion from our faces, I won't lie, as I stood at the back of the north stand at kick off all sorts of emotions were running through me, but as the second half kicked off it was filled with pride as the stand, to a man, made their feelings known.

The club didn't ruin the last game of the season by making an official statement, they let Ian and I do it, very gracious of them.

As things stand, the north stand averages about 600 per game, 250 season ticket holders, 350 PATG. As Ian Maxwell put it, "you need to remember, this is a business". Well they need to remember, this is a football club, and without fans, there is no business.

Myself and fellow north Stand representative Ian Mac (WAT user name) received a text on Thursday afternoon from Ian Maxwell, the club's Managing Director, asking us to attend a meeting for half an hour, before the game on Saturday. No information was provided regarding the nature of the meeting, purely that it was "to discuss next season".

Attending the meeting were Ian Maxwell, myself & Ian Mac. Lance Gilmour, Partick Thistle's Matchday Operations Director joined for the last 10 minutes.

We were advised that the club wants to progress, and to allow the club to progress, one thing that would be required, would be to move the NS singing section to the main stand permanently. A couple of other reasons were given, which quite frankly I don't have the balls to repeat for fear of making the club look even more ridiculous than the afore mentioned reason makes them look.

Ian Mac and I were quite vocal in our dismay and objection, raising concerns that this could have major repercussions for the club both in perception and financially. We provided alternative solutions, but it fell on deaf ears, this was not a chance for us to discuss or alter a decision.

As mentioned early, lance attended with ten minutes to go, but served only to repeat verbatim, what Ian Maxwell had told us, the synic in me would suggest they were well prepared and if I had looked on the wall behind me I'd have probably seen a script. It's a pity they didn't offer us the same courtesy of being able to prepare.

Partick Thistle still have not shown the fans the courtesy of making an official statement on this, they have put all the weight on two fans shoulders.

What does the future hold if the club ignore the fans? In my opinion they have played a blinder here, without a doubt discussions have been ongoing about this for quite some time, this wasn't just thought up on Thursday morning, they deliberately chose to wait until 45 minutes before kick off on the last game of the season, knowing that fans would not be meeting up face to face for 2 months and that season tickets will be launched tomorrow.

They can counter that they have stated nothing officially, that the only reason this is in the public domain is because of Ian and I. That shows the respect they have for Ian and I, that they would chose to burden us with this information and leave it down to us to keep this quiet. It's worth noting that at no point were we told to keep this information to ourselves for a period of time.

Ian Mac and I offered to, but once in the ground, it was difficult to hide the emotion from our faces, I won't lie, as I stood at the back of the north stand at kick off all sorts of emotions were running through me, but as the second half kicked off it was filled with pride as the stand, to a man, made their feelings known.

The club didn't ruin the last game of the season by making an official statement, they let Ian and I do it, very gracious of them.

As things stand, the north stand averages about 600 per game, 250 season ticket holders, 350 PATG. As Ian Maxwell put it, "you need to remember, this is a business". Well they need to remember, this is a football club, and without fans, there is no business.

As I said, lying duplicitous scumbags. It's almost a job description.

Archived