Clyde Fc 2014-15

Cannibal, in November the chairman confirmed the only way to make it 100% formal is a new vote. As Jack says, an EGM is planned in spring & the understanding is it will be used to get rid

His statements use inferences. As they're unlikely to speak to EK soon, & looking at other options then there's no need to change name. These options being 'part of the journey' translate as temporary groundsharing until if / when they can sort something out long term. So he's employing grey areas for you to read between the lines while keeping his options open on the basis you may have misunderstood what he 'actually' meant

Interesting if true about Broadwood. It must be heavily subsidized by the tax payer as it's the council's property & no doubt they're facing cuts to their budgets like most. Its part of the reason I could never understand why they'd be keen for Clyde to leave, or more accurately not discuss options for the situation there to be more workable given the club has paid what's due & continue to do so

The same source tells me, could be shite, but no reason to lie again, that there is a money man behind the Colts too subsiding the costs of using Broadwood, which aren't cheap and in normal circumstances they would not be able to afford.

The stadium is not far off becoming a white elephant. The council need to realise Clyde being there provides them with income, creates jobs and brings people into the area from outwith. While Clyde need to realise sticking two fingers up to the council and fucking off to Coatbridge would be disasterous both possibly short and definitely long term.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we all know Broadwood is currently being renovated to make new offices for the council so they are spending money on it. All leisure facilities require council funding so that's nothing new. Maybe the Colts have one eye on setting up their own lowland league side.

Is there much left in terms of hospitality facilities and the like?

Excellent insight from Snakebite, and very much along the lines of what snippets i've heard through third and fourth parties. To build on Cannibal's fine head of steam, has any reason, official or otherwise,been given as to why the resolutions have been FORMALLY & IRREVOCABLY removed?? Word of mouth, the ever increasing sea of empty seats or just plain old panic that the only basket we have is cracking under the weight of all the eggs in it???

Is there much left in terms of hospitality facilities and the like?

Hospitality at Broadwood is no more. Guests are catered for at Puccinis in the Village, and transported to and from the game, and have been for around a year now. We have a burger van at the Gym end, as the kiosk employees were let go/redeployed when the hospitality went.

The same source tells me, could be shite, but no reason to lie again, that there is a money man behind the Colts too subsiding the costs of using Broadwood, which aren't cheap and in normal circumstances they would not be able to afford.

The stadium is not far off becoming a white elephant. The council need to realise Clyde being there provides them with income, creates jobs and brings people into the area from outwith. While Clyde need to realise sticking two fingers up to the council and fucking off to Coatbridge would be disasterous both possibly short and definitely long term.

I'm not so sure, my son plays for the colts and I pay £25 a month fees. Apparently they have 500 kids on their books that's 150k a year. More than covers the rent.

From what I'm told from someone in a position to say, Broadwood (the stadium itself) is absolutely hemorrhaging money. That just gets worse with Clyde leaving. Unless they demolish it. For what, a fucking skatepark!?

Both parties need to sit round the table and sort things out now all the historical rent is paid and various people in the picture years ago are no longer there. Yes, its too big, yes it needs a good clean up having been neglected since Clyde dropped out of the first division. Its still though a decent enough facility with a good catchment area and no direct competition. Beats the hell out of going to Cliftonhill/Firhill/insert mingin junior ground here.

The dismissal of an area the size of Cumbernauld has been ridiculous. The EK thing seems to be a bigger pie in the sky by the day. I can see why people bought into it, I don't think anyone expected them to be still at the same point almost 2 years on

Great post and I agree fully!

The attitude of the board towards cumbernauld fans (who are prob about half the fan base) has been appalling.

Surely the option to discuss broadwood as a long term home must still be worth a look. . .

I'm not so sure, my son plays for the colts and I pay £25 a month fees. Apparently they have 500 kids on their books that's 150k a year. More than covers the rent.

They pay £90k a year rent. Add in other costs & they're still likely to be financially comfortable if they stay as they are, a boys club

But they want to develop into a new Rossvale & that's where the problem lies. Would likely need an additional backer to make up the difference to achieve that specific aim

All of that said, outwith rent levels, they would never be able to generate the additional revenue & publicity to the stadium & immediate area compared to a senior side such as Clyde playing at Championship level

While Clyde need to realise sticking two fingers up to the council and fucking off to Coatbridge would be disasterous both possibly short and definitely long term.

100% that the Clyde board approached Rovers towards the end of last season with an enquiry as to possible ground sharing. Airdrie did too. The Airdrie proposal made local news however as their fans kicked off about it as may be expected. An approach was also made from Broomhill Sports Club in the Lowland League. All were rejected by the previous Rovers board seemingly on the basis that the pitch would not support the increase in activity. Sensible decision. I'm told that the proposal remains on the table from both Clubs if a plastic surface could be installed for 2015/16. Unlikely but stranger things have happened.

If it is true that the board made an approach to Albion for a ground share, you have to question what makes them think a move to Coatbridge is a viable option.

Moving there really would be the beginning of the end.

surely the "beginning of the end" has long since passed ? In terms of any approach by Clyde, maybe they were just going through the motions to justify their intended move elsewhere ?

Would make sense for them to be able to say " we have evaluated and ruled out all other alternatives " etc etc

In my opinion, one thing the club (at boardroom level) lacks is transparency. I remember speaking to a board member after the game in Stirling in May, asking that, 13 months after the vote, what was going on. He said that talks had stalled, and JA would update the fans when further developments were made.

This, to me, is not good enough. Why can't the board, say once a month, post a message on the OS stating what they've been working on the previous four weeks? It would help to appease fans, to know that something, anything, is being done to try and help the dire situation we find ourselves both on and off the pitch.

I'm genuinely worried about our long term future. We are now facing the very real prospect of facing the winner of the HL/LL in a playoff to determine whether we will be playing league football come August. We're scrambling around trying to find anyone who will jump into bed with us, akin to a 2.30 am bin rake in Destiny on a Saturday night.

I really want things to work out with BF, I want to give him time to bed his team in and get things right, but we're in such a dangerous position that to do so, may spell our demise. I think we should cut our losses and look elsewhere, or at the very least, bring someone in to support him in the role. Whilst we're not exactly flush, we're now debt free and having someone around to advise Ferguson may just save us from relegation. Speculate to accumulate.

Whatever happens, it's really worrying times for the club. Attendances have rarely been lower (certainly not since moving to Cumbernauld), apathy is at an all time high among the group I regularly go to games with and I can't remember a time when I've been this disappointed with the lack of quality on show on the pitch.

If it is true that the board made an approach to Albion for a ground share, you have to question what makes them think a move to Coatbridge is a viable option.

Yeah, IF it's true!????

For some it would be the end of the end. The bitter end.

I can't quite work out if this is a wind up, and the fact I am in any doubt shows that nothing is out of the question as we lumber around looking to do I don't know what.

In my opinion, one thing the club (at boardroom level) lacks is transparency. I remember speaking to a board member after the game in Stirling in May, asking that, 13 months after the vote, what was going on. He said that talks had stalled, and JA would update the fans when further developments were made.

This, to me, is not good enough. Why can't the board, say once a month, post a message on the OS stating what they've been working on the previous four weeks? It would help to appease fans, to know that something, anything, is being done to try and help the dire situation we find ourselves both on and off the pitch.

I'm genuinely worried about our long term future. We are now facing the very real prospect of facing the winner of the HL/LL in a playoff to determine whether we will be playing league football come August. We're scrambling around trying to find anyone who will jump into bed with us, akin to a 2.30 am bin rake in Destiny on a Saturday night.

I really want things to work out with BF, I want to give him time to bed his team in and get things right, but we're in such a dangerous position that to do so, may spell our demise. I think we should cut our losses and look elsewhere, or at the very least, bring someone in to support him in the role. Whilst we're not exactly flush, we're now debt free and having someone around to advise Ferguson may just save us from relegation. Speculate to accumulate.

Whatever happens, it's really worrying times for the club. Attendances have rarely been lower (certainly not since moving to Cumbernauld), apathy is at an all time high among the group I regularly go to games with and I can't remember a time when I've been this disappointed with the lack of quality on show on the pitch.

Couldn't have put it better myself. The heads are well embedded in the sand at board level, but don't expect any culpability to be declared, because they do it for free, you know. As if they are the only ones. Somehow there are still countless people out there doing their bit for nothing also. To me and the very few others i've had the chance to discuss it with, the worst part is you can't even lay the blame at power struggles or fan revolts....if anything, the worse it's gotten, people have just shrugged their shoulders and eventually had their passion killed or their weekends pissed all over and decided enough is enough.

What if we were to purchase the stand opposite for a nominal fee. Say a pound and then we could develop a social club etc within it and it's ours. We'd still need to rent the pitch etc

I suggested that last year on the quality q&a of the owners section

Told no chance not up for discussion

Excellent insight from Snakebite, and very much along the lines of what snippets i've heard through third and fourth parties. To build on Cannibal's fine head of steam, has any reason, official or otherwise,been given as to why the resolutions have been FORMALLY & IRREVOCABLY removed?? Word of mouth, the ever increasing sea of empty seats or just plain old panic that the only basket we have is cracking under the weight of all the eggs in it???

The name change was only ever designed to go ahead of the board were satisfied that certain conditions were met. What exactly the conditions were I am not sure but I think one of the main ones was making sure the new ground in EK made sense financial.

I think it is a combination of EK being substantial delayed and the backlash from the fans which has resulted in the statement.

I am not sure what % of owners would be required to over turn the name change 2/3rds or 75% would seem about right but I think it is one of the few issues that would get the members to attend in force especially if the vote takes place before a home game like the last time. If the apathy has reached such levels that we can't even get enough to attend to overturn the name change then we truly are fucked.

The match day experience at Broadwood has hit an all time low in my opinion. As well as it being freezing cold it is also now poorly lit and you can't even get a pie at half time plus we have also lost all hospitality suites.

Despite saying all that I still feel staying at Broadwood would be better than ground sharing with Albion Rovers or a junior team from Glasgow.

Archived