The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Not this old chestnut, there’s a reason am sitting at my desking posting in this forum - because am not qualified to give you an answer to that question. Why every time someone suggests spending money people say “who would you have gone for”. We are a club sitting at the top end of the table, we should have people employed who can identify targets that are attainable to us.

Not this old chestnut, there’s a reason am sitting at my desking posting in this forum - because am not qualified to give you an answer to that question. Why every time someone suggests spending money people say “who would you have gone for”. We are a club sitting at the top end of the table, we should have people employed who can identify targets that are attainable to us.

They have identified players who we have signed thus far.

You are saying they are not big enough names for you, stands to reason that people might challenge who would constitute a big enough name for you.

Ok fair points, i am taking about a type of player like Hemmings/Stewart from dundee, maybe "big name" didnt describe that well!

I meant i would of liked to have seen us sign a player still in demand at there club, than one who they are trying to get off the wage bill.

With a few hours to go, we still have not addressed the lack of a big, brutish central midfielder.

Now while Shinnie and Jack have started well, we have not addressed that area whatsoever, and if the budget is spent, then that's very disappointing.

Happy with the signings of Lewis and O'Connor, who is a centre half, Storey and Burns should come good. Stockley so far looks like he can't play on his own up front, so the manager needs to make far more use of 2 strikers in games, as Stockley seems to link well with Rooney.

The Callum Morris signing was an utter farce of a decision, I didn't much rate Paul Quinn but I'd take Paul Quinn any day of the week in front of Morris, who is a notorious injury crock.

Part of me is hugely disappointed if we have spent the last of our money on Morris and not the area needing addressed further, central midfield.

Mark Reynolds is having a better start to the season than last season. The weak comments stem from his moment against Partick Thistle, where I will agree he was weak. But that has not happened at other times. His second yellow on Saturday was one of these things and certainly not weakness.

2 hours ago, shootingboots said:

It's too soon to judge. Teams have slow starts. Shit happens. 

We have also had a tough start two away games against a team that finish 4th and 1st and also a home tie against the team that finished 3rd.

With regards with the transfer window I think we have strengthen the goalkeeper, the defence and attack but we are so light in midfield which we will hopefully have a few signings by the end of the night. 

Heard a lot of names being linked with us today. James Maddison, Jamie Ness, Tony Andreu, Andrew Davies, Josh Meekings, Greg Tansey, Louis Thompson to name a few. If we can get two players in of this kind of standard I would be satisfied but I'm not sure all fans would be. How some people can call Marvin Johnson a potential marquee signing but Miles Storey a poor signing is beyond me.

8 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Two players? We won't be signing anyone.

Already writing off Storey as well? Guid ane.

He's deriding Marvin Johnson, not Storey. On that note, I think Johnson's a good player, his pace alone is enough to cause problems. Hayes-esque in that regard, but not as good.

We could do with a centre mid but I don't see it happening.

I reckon Maddison would be an excellent signing if we could pull that off. However, I'd be surprised if Norwich didn't want to keep hold of him to provide cover for Hoolahan and others, especially given his impressive performances in cup games so far this season. Probably best not to get my hopes up too much at this stage, or at all.