The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Wages increased from £6.644 million to £6.817 million as a direct result of our continuing investment in the overall quality of the playing squad. The wages to turnover ratio has been maintained at 51% which is excellent when compared with other clubs"

Expected the sheep's wages to be around the previously reported sums of between £1.5  - £2m. Most of their players must be on similar wages to oor players.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Wages increased from £6.644 million to £6.817 million as a direct result of our continuing investment in the overall quality of the playing squad. The wages to turnover ratio has been maintained at 51% which is excellent when compared with other clubs"

Expected the sheep's wages to be around the previously reported sums of between £1.5  - £2m. Most of their players must be on similar wages to oor players.

Your wage bill was ~£8m in the Third Division :lol:

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Jesus. The sheep's wages are more than our entire turnover. Totally under achieving. I blame Delboy. 

Thats a bit harsh on St Johnstone. Perth has a lot of folk supporting Glasgow teams, its bound to limit turnover. Very little revenue from European games as well. Also, you shouldnt blame Del for leaving to further his career. 

Keep ploughing on Fermers, you'll get there. Got nothing but love for ya.

I'm not sure if that figure includes just the players or all staff. Rangers' first team wage bill for last season was similar to that figure with their total staff costs being double that. If our figure is just the playing squad then it is possible that we were paying similar wages last season to what you were in the Championship.

However, according to Rangers' accounts, your playing budget has increased by 60% this season which would completely dwarf what we're paying.

12 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I'm not sure if that figure includes just the players or all staff. Rangers' first team wage bill for last season was similar to that figure with their total staff costs being double that. If our figure is just the playing squad then it is possible that we were paying similar wages last season to what you were in the Championship.

However, according to Rangers' accounts, your playing budget has increased by 60% this season which would completely dwarf what we're paying.

Aberdeen's wage bill includes all staff and, I think, Directors.

7 hours ago, AberDon said:

Aberdeen's wage bill includes all staff and, I think, Directors.

Indeed it is.

The more comparable figure is Aberdeen's £6.8m v  BrandRangers FC's £12.9m.

Although that was their salary bill for last season against the might of Alloa and Dumbarton.

We also know (from their accounts) that they've already spent £3m+ on recruiting galacticos for this season.

Yours, up to my knees in woolly stuff!

aDONis

Celtic have dropped two points this year, they are truly unassailable. I think what we have to take from this is this is where they should have been these last three years. The fact we were even in with a shout shows how poor Deila did, and how, for a half decent manager, the Celtic job is probably one of the easiest in world football.