The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Having good fun reading all the comments on Facebook of the Evening Express coverage of the planning application.  Below summaries the comments :lol:

Why won't they just do up Pittodrie and while this is happening play their home games in Dundee or Inverness? This will work as Tottenham are doing up their ground just now and can play at Wembley.

21 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Either that or he was very clever, but considering he lost his wallet in the snow I'm not so sure.

I was talking to my mates recently about this and none of them remembered this story.  They nearly had me convinced I'd imagined it.

Still doubt how much truth there was to it, mind.

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Planning application for kingsgford in this morning.

If you like boring pdfs of hedges and roads and the moaning ****s that live nearby, you are in for a treat.

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OJMF3EBZIED00

The stadium design from what I've seen is the blandest of the bland. 

I couldn't care less for the general snide comments.

As far as I'm concerned, a player discovered, trained, and exposed to the wider world by my club should have the loyalty, and dignity to transfer for more than the pitiful 'development fees'. f**k Fraser, and f**k his ilk. The wee c**t is supposedly a Dons fan... Even if I had the ability of Iniesta, I wouldn't leave the Dons hanging with a £250k kick in the c**t.

Training facilities are lovely, but it's not stopped us building an incredibly good team (relatively).

It was greed, and f**k all else that led Fraser south. He's been incredibly lucky to have joined a team that made it into the money pit.

That said, I'm a little young to remember the real judas', Wright and Robertson. I can't remember them as players, but the thought of them makes me boke.

Edited by Illgresi

13 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

As far as I'm concerned, a player discovered, trained, and exposed to the wider world by my club should have the loyalty, and dignity to transfer for more than the pitiful 'development fees'. f**k Fraser, and f**k his ilk. The wee c**t is supposedly a Dons fan... Even if I had the ability of Iniesta, I wouldn't leave the Dons hanging with a £250k kick in the c**t.

Training facilities are lovely, but it's not stopped us building an incredibly good team (relatively).

It was greed, and f**k all else that led Fraser south. He's been incredibly lucky to have joined a team that made it into the money pit.

That said, I'm a little young to remember the real judas', Wright and Robertson. I can't remember them as players, but the thought of them makes me boke.

What a pile of absolute shite. It's their fucking job. They make career decisions same as everyone else. 

A reliable source has told me we made an enquiry to Sevco about MoH..... and got told to chase ourselves. Sounds like an attempt at a preemptive move.

As others have said, if Jonny is to skedaddle I do hope Deek has some excellent, and equally handsome, alternatives lined up.

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

:lol: Really?

Take Celtic's vast budget out of the equation, we're the best team in the country, and have been consistently. That said, I'd love to see what we could do with the new facilities.

What a pile of absolute shite. It's their fucking job. They make career decisions same as everyone else. 

Precisely the attitude that's led to Sky/China destroying football.

Playing for your club should be an honour; not a means to an end. Disagree if you wish.

We don't have a hope in hell of replacing Hayes with another player currently performing at his level. At best we're going to get a bit of a rough diamond (like Hayes was himself), or someone who has lost their way a bit. I think GMS would be a good shout if Rodgers doesn't fancy him, but whether he'd want to come, or if we could afford him is a different proposition.

There's always the forlorn hope that Pawlett will pick up again, but I suppose that's not very realistic.

16 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Take Celtic's vast budget out of the equation, we're the best team in the country, and have been consistently. That said, I'd love to see what we could do with the new facilities.

Playing for your club should be an honour; not a means to an end. Disagree if you wish.

Sky/China isn't destroying the football I watch. Its mostly played by hard working journeymen who have taken a huge risk to join a profession with a massive failure rate. Spending the years others do apprenticeships, go to university etc, pursuing their dream of being a footballer. For every player you mention in your childish rant there are a hundred who are discarded by clubs due to not being good enough or injured. Where is the honour in Aberdeen and other clubs throwing young players on the scrap heap at 19 to 21 years? Its the reality of the industry. High risk for high potential reward. 

You think you have the right to slag these players for their choices to enhance their careers? Whats your investment in the game? A few hundred quid a year for a season ticket? These lads have put in everything and deserve everything that comes their way if they are one of the very few who make it. 

Dreadful stuff.

Fraser was offered a golden opportunity at a good age to further his career. As a club and a team at that time we were a disaster.

If by greed you mean went after a larger salary and potential salary then yes he probably did, why wouldn't you? It's a short career and it's difficult to pass up opportunities when they come along, you're one injury away from that opportunity never presenting itself again.

Who are you to judge him like? Boy is now a regular in the premier league in England making a right good career for himself.

I know we all love the doughy eyed ideal that local loons will stay for the love of the club or until they command us a huge fee, but life isn't like that.

Give the boy a fuckin break

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Nah.

The list of truly heinous and debasing things I'd do if someone offered to treble(?) my salary is a mile long, and so is everyone else's. We should be fucking delighted that a Dandy is playing at such a high level and that he's filling his pockets. Good on him.

52 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

:ph34r:

It's definitely a difficult balance to strike for players at smaller clubs. Although he probably has made a lot of money, I'd argue in footballing terms that Chris Maguire's career is only now recovering after leaving too early. On the other hand, I wonder if Ryan Jack has missed the boat slightly in moving onto better things. When he became a regular under McGhee and Brown, his composure in midfield made him really stand out (although he was playing alongside Derek Young). I'm not sure that he's kicked on nearly as much as he should have.

We don't have a hope in hell of replacing Hayes with another player currently performing at his level. At best we're going to get a bit of a rough diamond (like Hayes was himself), or someone who has lost their way a bit. I think GMS would be a good shout if Rodgers doesn't fancy him, but whether he'd want to come, or if we could afford him is a different proposition.
There's always the forlorn hope that Pawlett will pick up again, but I suppose that's not very realistic.

Problem with Pawlett is he is great when he has space, but he needs players to occupy defences to give him that space to really shine. Rooney is great for a lot of things but I don't think he's the type of striker who pulls all the defenders towards him, which Pawlett probably needs.

We lose Hayes then we will really struggle. Can't really think of much of a solution.

19 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

Sky/China isn't destroying the football I watch. Its mostly played by hard working journeymen who have taken a huge risk to join a profession with a massive failure rate. Spending the years others do apprenticeships, go to university etc, pursuing their dream of being a footballer. For every player you mention in your childish rant there are a hundred who are discarded by clubs due to not being good enough or injured. Where is the honour in Aberdeen and other clubs throwing young players on the scrap heap at 19 to 21 years? Its the reality of the industry. High risk for high potential reward. 

You think you have the right to slag these players for their choices to enhance their careers? Whats your investment in the game? A few hundred quid a year for a season ticket? These lads have put in everything and deserve everything that comes their way if they are one of the very few who make it. 

Firstly, that the amazing opportunity to become a footballer could be described as a 'huge risk', is as derogatory as anything I've heard in some time.

Each and every one of these youngsters are devout in their mentality towards AFC (or any other youth system), because they are fully aware that this is their only chance. That's not a bad thing; it's practically natural selection in a macroscopic environment. What divides these young lads, is the same thing that allows others to have careers in other industries. My Dad had a talent for being an Architect. You bet you're life on the fact he went above and beyond for his first job.

Yes, I do feel I have the right to comment on certain players. I may only pay a number of hundred pounds a year - as most do - and I feel that gives me the right to have an opinion.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Dreadful stuff.

Fraser was offered a golden opportunity at a good age to further his career. As a club and a team at that time we were a disaster.

If by greed you mean went after a larger salary and potential salary then yes he probably did, why wouldn't you? It's a short career and it's difficult to pass up opportunities when they come along, you're one injury away from that opportunity never presenting itself again.

Who are you to judge him like? Boy is now a regular in the premier league in England making a right good career for himself.

I know we all love the doughy eyed ideal that local loons will stay for the love of the club or until they command us a huge fee, but life isn't like that.

Give the boy a fuckin break

I have no problem with a lad making the best of himself, f**k me, that's exactly what I'm trying to do myself. But you better believe, when I get to the place I want to be, I won't neglect the people that helped me to get there! If my value as an Engineer for the company that gives me a graduate job is negligible, you better believe I'll make it worth it for them before I move elsewhere.

Fraser didn't do that. He had a few good games, and then fucked off for way below his market value.

If I'm wrong about something, I'll accept a reasoned argument, and change my opinion. I can't visualise an argument that would change my opinion about Fraser...