The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Miller, Fyvie, Grimmer, Fraser, Foster have all went for fees in recent memory under McGhee and Brown.

McInnes has not moved anyone on for money probably because until now we have avoided players running down their contracts and unfortunately we've not been giving many youngsters a regular run

7 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Aye, did we not get £500k for Miller? Hayes definitely worth more to the club than Miller was so £1 million for him doesn't seem an unreasonable selling price from an AFC perspective.

We got £600k for Miller iirc, when he had 6 months on his contract and we were heavily in debt. The fact that Hayes has 18 months on his contract, we have no debt, and is a hugely better player than Lee Miller would suggest to me that we should be looking at many multiples of that figure.

Pawlett is a difficult one. He's a good player but he doesn't fit into our team. He's from Banchory (via Hull) so ticks the local box, but surely he must be thinking he has a better chance of first team football elsewhere.

I really like him but unless things drastically change I just think for his sake he is better off at another club.

I wouldn't be happy to see him go at all. I accept the situation here as far as transfers go though. We will never get a million quid for him or any player.

So you feel we will just bend over and take the English Championship meat right up our rectum, and get rid of a one of our top players, with 18mths on his contract, for the price of a couple of modest Stewart Milne hooses?

Hope you're wrong - certainly first time our resolve has really been tested in the McInnes or Yule era - and right now would like to think this is seven figures or golf tango foxtrot, at least until the summer.