The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

This is kinda what I feel. But this might be a reflection on my age. it saddens me we are so far behind Celtic they are comfortable with strengthening our squad for the last half of the season. If he helps us finish second or win the Cup, I'll cheer him on. 

I see your point. Scottish football is unique in that sense.
If you were direct challengers I'm pretty sure you'd be getting fuk all.

Purely in terms of quality of footballer this is a great signing so delighted in that respect.

There is an element of it being slightly depressing that Celtic are so far ahead that they're willing to loan such a talent to arguably the 2nd best team in the league.

Generally pleased with this though, no one going out the door and one more good signing in and it's a very productive window.

I rate Christie as a player, and feel he could have a bigger role to play at Celtic and Scotland in the future (hopefully).
I'd rather him gain experience and learn his trade elsewhere than rot away on our bench.

Just hope that bottle merchant mentality at Aberdeen doesn't rub off on him.

He tweeted his hate Aberdeen text when he was a wee adolescent. I said and did lots of stuff at that age. I ain't gonna let that bother me.
I'm a life long Dons fan who has also lived in Inverness all my days.

There is a genuine dislike amongst some Inverness fans for the Dons. Not on a big level though. With some it's a grudging respect at best. The reasons are partly due to the ground hire arrangement. That really gripped them. A lot to do with our superb record against Inverness when they were making their own history. No matter how utter shite the Dons were ICT couldn't get a result in these games. Remember Lovell's big ridiculous bouncing lob that went in aff the bar at about 5pm that Saturday? That in particular floored them. Also the fact that their better players often end up at Pittodrie adds to their frustration. This went on when Christie was growing up as a football fan. It's the way all football fans are wired.

Hope he does well. Good wee player. I will admit I think I'll struggle with it when he has to be benched against Timmy. However with the form Brown and Armstrong are in Christie and AFC may be with each other longer than this season should it work out.??

12 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I really don't get this attitude! Was it a tough one for your youngsters to take when Maddison came in on loan, or Danny Ward last season?

Seeing some of the comments on social media and Ab Mad you'd think you's just loaned Hitler for half a season.

He's one of the best young players in the league and will add something to your team and might well be the difference between 2nd and 3rd/4th.

Is the problem purely because he's coming in from Celtic?

Please don't use Aberdeen mad as an example of Aberdeen fans opinions, walloper central!

Happy enough with the signing. If he's not getting a look in at Celtic maybe potential for a longer term deal. 

Edited by shootingboots

Some of the reactions of some of our teeny bopper fans have once again been embarrassing, sevco/timmy delusions of grandeur 

Who gives a f**k that he tweeted when he was 17

Hope he doe well to shut up the vocal moronic element of our fanbase

I suspect their opinions will change when Christie strolls into your starting XI and within about 5 minutes becomes one of your best players. A front four of Hayes, Christie, McGinn and Rooney? Fucking hell.

I suspect their opinions will change when Christie strolls into your starting XI and within about 5 minutes becomes one of your best players. A front four of Hayes, Christie, McGinn and Rooney? Fucking hell.

You underestimate the morons in our support.

You're right they will take to him quickly but for some he will always be one bad performance away from being 'that Tim c**t who said he hated us once'.

Quite excited to see him in action to be honest

So where do we play Christie? From memory he plays in behind the striker where McLean is currently playing and producing some of his best football for us. So are we to move a player who is with us long term to give game time to a player who will be playing against us next season. We would be far better served if Christie stayed sitting in the stands at Celtic with his career stalling. 

So where do we play Christie? From memory he plays in behind the striker where McLean is currently playing and producing some of his best football for us. So are we to move a player who is with us long term to give game time to a player who will be playing against us next season. We would be far better served if Christie stayed sitting in the stands at Celtic with his career stalling. 

Never understood this attitude.

'We already have a good player therefore there is no room for another'

What would we rather bring in a loan that has no hope of making an impact? Did you ever think maybe McLean kicked on because of Maddison pushing him?

Christie has no divine right to play just because he's here so if they are in direct competition then that is fantastic from my view.

6 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Thank you for proving my point re: some of our supporters.

Its a straight swap for maddison. There's not an issue here.

Don’t think that was really the point he was making, Maddison was on the bench for the last 4-5 games after we settled back into our usual line up.

I don’t think Celtic nor McInnis will was Christie coming off the bench. I agree i think Mclean is playing some of his best stuff right now, that’s not to say Christie will not do a better job if he starts at number 10, but where does this leave us and Mclean in the summer?

Maybe Shinnie drops back to left back and Mclean into a deeper role, will be interesting to see.

32 minutes ago, Jute said:

You play him ahead of Kenny McLean because Ryan Christie is better than Kenny McLean.

2 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

As has been said, McLean has had to up his game to keep Maddison out, competition for places is a good thing. 

What a hysterical reaction from some of our supporters. "Where does this leave us and McLean in the summer"? Really? :lol:

Fair point i think hes a great player, i guess i just dont really like 6 month loan deals.