The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

22 hours ago, Deen1903 said:

Excellent article in the Scotsman about Pittodrie - in short, don't underestimate the power of nostalgia for football fans.

I would add that the specific location of Hibs and Hearts in Leith and Gorgie respectively is more important than the Beach is for Aberdeen as a one club city though - as all of Aberdeen is arguably a 'traditional' Aberdeen-supporting area and Aberdeenshire supplies a lot of Aberdeen fans as well. Only 55% of season ticket holders live in Aberdeen City according to the planning application for the new stadium.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aidan-smith-what-s-not-to-like-about-pittodrie-1-4345109‬

Excellent in what way?

Nostalgia is all well and good but we need to here proper reasoned VIABLE arguments to stay at Pittodrie. Not cos this guy used to fear Joey Harper would score a hat trick against Hibs but he doesn't worry about that now.

I think staying and redeveloping Pittodrie is just about every Dons fans first choice, but it's been made perfectly clear that it just isn't a possibility. We move on.

Edited by shootingboots

I'd like to know what is going with James Maddison. Unless Norwich are trying to sell him to someone and get some sort of fee(similar to wes burns at Bristol city) then I don't understand why he hasn't returned yet. If they had any intention of keeping him then surely he would have made the bench over the last few games. In particular the FA Cup game against Southampton when Neil named 4/5 youth team players in the squad with little to no first team experience. Something just doesn't seem right about Maddison and the fact we are now being linked with Commons and Christie who I would see as replacements for Maddison and not hayes or mcginn.

The manager is looking for two new signings and I can only see maybe one more player leaving and that could be Storey on loan. Aberdeen wont deal with Cardiff any longer until they up the offer substantially but that's not say another championship side won't come in desperate for a winger last minute and throw a million pound plus at us. I believe derek is trying to get may in on 2/3 year deal rather than a loan but this is all dependent on Preston getting in another striker and whether or not they want to cut their losses. May is open to the permanent deal.

A 2 year deal where he spends most of it recovering from a year out injured. When he finally hits form he's out of contract and leaves for f**k all :lol:

You're closer to 18 months now where he's not played. He's going to take at least the next 6 months and next preseason to get back to match fitness, that's if there's no complications with the injury. You've got to question whether he'll be as committed with his knee the way it is. Don't get me wrong he'll still be a cracking player, but I don't think he'll ever be the same player who played against England.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen21 said:

I'd like to know what is going with James Maddison. Unless Norwich are trying to sell him to someone and get some sort of fee(similar to wes burns at Bristol city) then I don't understand why he hasn't returned yet. If they had any intention of keeping him then surely he would have made the bench over the last few games. In particular the FA Cup game against Southampton when Neil named 4/5 youth team players in the squad with little to no first team experience. Something just doesn't seem right about Maddison.....

Maddison can't play for anyone but us or Norwich until the summer. He'll be back on deadline day imho. 

Excellent news about Shinnie, as I didn't think he would be hanging around for very long. If he was a bit faster I really think he'd be English Premier League standard. The guy is just a superb all-round footballer.

Couldn't agree more. Great player but also has a fitness and a desire our teams have lacked for years. What a feckin engine the lad has.
He is everywhere on match day. Hopefully others will see his commitment and sign on for longer too.

4 hours ago, 2pac said:

Yass 3 more years of nae getting in the Scotland squad

Tbh that's good news for super shinnie,if you were a player getting in the Scotland squad with the donkeys strachan picks it would be an insult.

the sooner international football is done away with the better it just gets in the way of real football,international breaks are the biggest pain in the arse for real fitba fans.