The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He has. Wright has a Scottish Cup win and regular top four finishes with a lower half budget. McInnes has a couple of second places finishes, with the second highest budget, and a League Cup.

Tommy Wright owes his success to Steve Lomas. He won the cup with his team and Wright still hasn't been able to match his 3rd place league finish. 

McInnes had to transform our club after years of failure (like he did at St Johnstone). A much tougher job than building on solid foundations from your predecessor. 

7 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Tommy Wright owes his success to Steve Lomas. He won the cup with his team and Wright still hasn't been able to match his 3rd place league finish. 

McInnes had to transform our club after years of failure (like he did at St Johnstone). A much tougher job than building on solid foundations from your predecessor. 

Lomas got 3rd with less points than Wright has managed with two 4th place finishes. Wright also has (or certainly had) a lower budget than Lomas. 

Lomas did did a great job for us, no doubt, but Wright has been better. 

Lomas had one season, and I think MacLean is his only "legacy" that Wright has used.

McInnes didn't "transform" us either, Owen Coyle done that, McInnes got the benefit of that.

Wright also has tried to play more expansive football, but every time he's successful with it we lose a key player who's been part of that.

Lomas had one season, and I think MacLean is his only "legacy" that Wright has used.

McInnes didn't "transform" us either, Owen Coyle done that, McInnes got the benefit of that.

Wright also has tried to play more expansive football, but every time he's successful with it we lose a key player who's been part of that.

^^^^ 'did' you fûcking thicko.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He has. Wright has a Scottish Cup win and regular top four finishes with a lower half budget. McInnes has a couple of second places finishes, with the second highest budget, and a League Cup.

McGhee, Brown et al had a similar budget to McInnes, and regular bottom six finishes and no cup finals and no Europe. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Johnstone fans whore Wright out more than Wright does. Understandable really, even with all that success, they must be bored of the style he insists on.

Yes Ludo, that's it, nail hit on head. f**k winning things, f**k European football, f**k the cash it generates, f**k it all. We should bin Wright and look forward to meaningless pre season friendlies billed as "Battle of the Champions" and testimonials with catchphrases such as "DeEagles" :lol:

Yes that's exactly what we should all be hoping for m8.

Yes Ludo, that's it, nail hit on head. f**k winning things, f**k European football, f**k the cash it generates, f**k it all. We should bin Wright and look forward to meaningless pre season friendlies billed as "Battle of the Champions" and testimonials with catchphrases such as "DeEagles" [emoji38]
Yes that's exactly what we should all be hoping for m8.

Well that was rather easy.

McGhee, Brown et al had a similar budget to McInnes, and regular bottom six finishes and no cup finals and no Europe. 

I don't see what their underachievement has to do with anything? Worth noting Lomas apparently had a larger budget than Wright had last season.

I had assumed it was probably an accident but you're so thick you don't even realise your grammatical error?

Jeeso.

You virtually jizz yourself with excitement whenever I post in a Dundee thread, telling me how obsessed I am with Dundee (have you not claimed multiple times to have me on ignore as well?). Yet you're in an Aberdeen thread, in a conversation about the St Johnstone manager, scanning my posts for grammatical errors?

Very interesting.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't see what their underachievement has to do with anything? Worth noting Lomas apparently had a larger budget than Wright had last season.

If Wright is so good then surely the board would trust him with a decent budget.