The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Kairat weren't shite and this team are only just behind them in the league. Makes me worry.

Kairat were good, but we should have beaten them. We were definitely a match, and this team aren't nearly as prolific. I'd much rather have a wee jaunt to Bosnia though, so hopefully Siroki pap them out.

8 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

How do the Dons feel about McInnes possibly making a £250k bid for Stevie May from Preston?

A fully fit Stevie May, that'd be a bargain. If he'll recover fully from that injury is a huge question mark however. We're doing well financially at the moment, but we're not so flush we can afford to chuck away £250k.

Edited by Illgresi

How do the Dons feel about McInnes possibly making a £250k bid for Stevie May from Preston?

I don't think there's any chance that Preston would take a 7 figure hit on a player who was out with a bad injury. They'll give him a chance to prove himself and indeed was getting back to fitness and scoring goals end of the season.

I don't think there's any chance that Preston would take a 7 figure hit on a player who was out with a bad injury. They'll give him a chance to prove himself and indeed was getting back to fitness and scoring goals end of the season.

This is the sunk cost fallacy in action.

They have already spunked their cash.

The decision should be whether to take our money or keep spending their own on his wages.

A lot depends on whether the manager who did the spunking is still the manager.

Don’t see where Maloney fits in unless there is a change up in formation. Surely his legs have gone in terms of playing out wide.

He could play centrally, Christie was often deployed in wide areas last season. I suppose it depends if Derek is wanting a midfield trio of shinnie McLean and tansey every week. I am definitely keen on maloney, his set pieces alone will be valuable.

The bi annual stevie may rumour has begun I see. As has been said a fully fit may would be great but seems a big risk to me considering fee/wages involved.