The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Still think it is madness to let the only natural finisher at the club go without an adequate replacement already being signed. 

I think McInnes has done right by a player that did well for him and I'm confident that, as usual, he'll find a solution.

Might be a good season to "consolidate", not to qualify for Europe and play in the League Cup groups.

The British Government telling folks not to book travel abroad next summer in case they completely f**k up* Brexit so...y'know...

* f**k up even more

Edited by EdTheDuck

Might be a good season to "consolidate", not to qualify for Europe and play in the League Cup groups.
The British Government telling folks not to book travel abroad next summer in case they completely f**k up* Brexit so...y'know...
* f**k up even more
Every cloud has another bigger cloud behind it.

Seriously though I hate to imagine how our fans would cope with a season like that. I thought last year was going to be like that, and we ended up a very good second yet folk stoll lost their minds.
I'm actually more worried about having to put up dodging all the toys being lobbed out of prams this year than the prospect of finishing fourth or fifth.

8 minutes ago, red23 said:

For the benefit of doubt we are going to finish 5th/6th this season. Burnley and Rangers will have a great laugh.

At least wait until the end of the transfer window before completely wetting the bed.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

At least wait until the end of the transfer window before completely wetting the bed.

Agree with the sentiment, but we're heading for a Sigma Olomuc type hiding in a week's time with this squad. 

We've also got 4 league games before the end of the transfer window. It would be nice to have more than 1 point from these games. 

I trust though that McInnes has something substantial up his sleeve.....I mean substantial, not a loan signing from Charlton or a 19 year old Blackpool reserve player. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Agree with the sentiment, but we're heading for a Sigma Olomuc type hiding in a week's time with this squad. 

We've also got 4 league games before the end of the transfer window. It would be nice to have more than 1 point from these games. 

I trust though that McInnes has something substantial up his sleeve.....I mean substantial, not a loan signing from Charlton or a 19 year old Blackpool reserve player. 

Doesn't the English window end on August 9th or something like that this year? Would imagine most if not all our business would be done by then.

16 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I love this type of comment, it's like bringing up seriously dangerous safety issues on a clapped out oil rig offshore "Lets wait until it happens before getting all upset about it" even when you can see it coming a mile off.

7 minutes ago, red23 said:

I love this type of comment, it's like bringing up seriously dangerous safety issues on a clapped out oil rig offshore "Lets wait until it happens before getting all upset about it" even when you can see it coming a mile off.

Yes except in your example you're actually seeing something tangible happen before your own eyes rather than assuming the worst based on the incomplete information you have access to, fueled by your own pessimism and bed wetting instincts.

Edited by Rodhull

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Yes except in your example you're actually seeing something tangible happen before your own eyes rather than assuming the worst based on the incomplete information you have access to, fueled by your own pessimism and bed wetting instincts.

We go in to a season with that shite on the pitch this thing will be a disaster waiting to happen, i'm looking at the fact Gleeson has replaced McLean. Enough evidence right there.

Edited by red23

13 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Not to mention the fact that people’s health / lives would be at stake, rather than the fortunes of a football club. Such an extreme comparison only adds to the perceived bed wetting.

If we go into the new season with the squad as it is then we will be fighting for 5th / 6th, which would be pish given our recent history and relative financial clout in this league. We realistically need to add a player who can cover both full back positions, a backup keeper, an attacking midfield player (signing Christie permanently would be ideal imo) and a genuine goal threat who is proven at this level (of the same ilk as Louis Moult) in order to be expected to compete for 2nd / a cup.

I don’t think we will get all of these but I’ll give them some more time before panicking. If we are still in this position in 3 weeks or so then I will start to worry but until then I’ll give the club the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Captain_Imra7

19 minutes ago, red23 said:

We go in to a season with that shite on the pitch this thing will be a disaster waiting to happen, i'm looking at the fact Gleeson has replaced McLean. Enough evidence right there.

Agreed that so far it's not looking promising but I'd imagine with the sale of Rooney now that 2/3 signings will happen and at least as many loanees coming in as well so the squad could look pretty different in a few weeks time.

I'm guessing Forrester is more likely to be the McLean replacement than Gleason but I honestly haven't seen enough of either to make a judgement on their quality yet.

46 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We would need to play someone less good to get a Sigma olomuc type hiding. 

The upcoming one is expected. 

Aye, both things are the same.

Get a job on dry land and start supporting Celtic. Might get you a good nights sleep.

Quite confident everything will come together. From his presser McInnes seemed to suggest we’d have had a lot more done but for some last minute hitched with various deals.

Saw Ched Evans’ name mentioned earlier. That would be hilarious.

Given we signed Badcock it wouldn’t surprise me.